"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Getting into airport lounges in this day and time is much simpler and easier than you can imagine. Best of all, it can be FREE!
Many travel credit cards offer complimentary Priority Pass Select Membership benefits, allowing you free access to airport lounges worldwide and bringing additional guests. In addition, you can also access participating airport restaurants and spa locations with an eligible Priority Pass membership.
Suppose you are in a country without a credit card offering the Priority Pass Select Membership benefit. In that case, I also include promotional Priority Pass Membership discount offers in this article.
What Is A Priority Pass?
Priority Pass has an extensive airport lounges network in the world. In addition, a Priority Pass membership also gives you access to participating airport restaurants with a discount for you and your guests. Priority Pass now also adds airport spa and fitness locations to its network.
By having a Priority Pass Membership, you can access the following airport places that participate in the Priority Pass network:
- Airport lounges
- Airport restaurants
- Airport spas
- Airport gyms
Priority Pass Membership requires membership fees to join; however, the fee is too much that you are better off holding a travel credit card instead. More below.
Priority Pass Airport Lounge Locations
Priority Pass has over 1,300 airport lounges in the whole wide world. The Priority Pass program partners with airport lounges to provide members with airport experiences to relax and enjoy complimentary refreshments before flights.
How Priority Pass Airport Lounges Benefit Works
- Go to the Priority Pass Lounge Locations website.
- Find a lounge by the airport name.
- Read the fine print for the access policy.
- Stop by the front desk with your Priority Pass membership card, ID, and boarding pass to enter the lounge.
Priority Pass Restaurants Locations
Several airport restaurants participate in the Priority Pass program. The quickest way to find a Priority Pass restaurant at your airport is to locate it using the Priority Pass website or the Priority Pass app.
How Priority Pass Restaurants Benefit Works
Priority Pass partners with some restaurants that are located inside the airport. Priority Pass gives every Priority Pass member and the member’s guest a certain amount of credit to spend at that participating restaurant.
To use your Priority Pass credits at a participating Priority Pass restaurant:
- First, ensure that your Priority Pass Membership includes the Priority Pass restaurants benefit.
- For instance, the Priority Pass Select Membership provided by American Express credit cards does not have the restaurant benefit. See the comparison chart under Priority Pass Membership and Guest Policy For Each Credit Card.
- Locate an airport restaurant that participates in the Priority Pass network. The process is the same as you were to find a Priority Pass airport lounge.
- Go to the Priority Pass Lounge Locations website.
- Find a lounge by the airport name.
- Locate available restaurants on the left-hand side under the Lounges.
- Check the restaurant you plan on using your Priority Pass restaurant credits. Most Priority Pass restaurants offer a $28 credit per cardholder, as stated in the terms.
- If you have a Priority Pass Membership that allows guesting privileges, you and your guest(s) will receive the bill’s credit. Multiply the credit by how many guests you have based on the terms and conditions.
- Before ordering, let the waiter/waitress know you’d like to use your Priority Pass credits. Depending on the restaurant:
- You will be asked for your Priority Pass membership card and boarding pass upfront or after your meal.
- Some restaurants require that you have an outbound boarding pass, while other restaurants don’t. My experience shows that most restaurants don’t have such a requirement.
- You can visit multiple Priority Pass restaurants in the same airport.
- Tipping is always a personal choice, like tipping at a participating Priority Pass restaurant. The Priority Pass restaurant credit work is the same as a gift card, and you can use the credit to pay for your meals, drinks, and gratuities at some restaurants.
- Look closely at the final bill because some restaurants automatically add the gratuity.
- Some restaurants’ final bills may not have a tip line or allow you to use the remaining Priority Pass restaurant credit to tip. You can tip with cash or your credit card and let your server know after receiving your final bill.
Priority Pass Be Relax Spa Locations
Priority Pass recently partnered with Be Relax airport spa locations and added these spas to the Priority Pass network for members with improved airport experiences, not just the traditional airport lounges and restaurants mentioned above.
Currently, below are the airport spa locations:
- Be Relax Spa at Atlanta Airport (ATL) – B22
- Be Relax Spa at Dallas Forth Worth Airport (DFW)
- Be Relax Spa at Detroit Airport (DTW) – A18
- Be Relax Spa at Detroit Airport (DTW) – A46
- Be Relax Spa at Los Angeles Airport (LAX)
- Be Relax Spa at San Diego Airport (SAN)
- Be Relax Spa at New York Kennedy Airport (JFK)
- Be Relax Spa at New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Be Relax Spa at Philadelphia Airport (PHL)
- Be Relax Spa at San Diego Airport (SAN) – near Gate 27
- Be Relax Spa at San Diego Airport (SAN) – near Gate 36
- Be Relax Spa at Toronto Airport (YYZ)
How Priority Pass Be Relax Spas Benefit Works
Priority Pass members receive the following treatments at the participating Be Relax airport spa locations:
- Be Back 30-minute Lounger Massage – $35 value
- Be Back 15-minute Lounger Massage plus Aromatherapy & O2 – $35 value
- Head-Up 10-minute Head Massage plus Aromatherapy & O2 – $38 value
- Be Feet 10-minute Foot Massage plus Aromatherapy & O2 – $38 value.
To use the Priority Pass membership benefit for the Be Relax spa:
- First, ensure that your Priority Pass Membership includes access to the Priority Pass airport spa experience.
- For instance, Priority Pass Select Membership provided by American Express credit cards does not have the non-lounge experience benefit. See the comparison chart under Priority Pass Membership and Guest Policy For Each Credit Card.
- You must show your Priority Pass Membership card and a confirmed same-day travel boarding pass. Arriving boarding passes should be fine.
- Check the terms and conditions for guest policy because specific spa locations only accept the primary cardholder.
- Tipping is optional and entirely up to you; there’s no Priority Pass credit to cover that.
Priority Pass Gameway Lounges Locations
Priority Pass recently partnered with Gameway Lounges and added these lounges to the Priority Pass network for members with improved airport experiences, not just the traditional airport lounges and restaurants mentioned above.
Currently, here are the airport Gameway Lounges locations:
- Gameway at Dallas Forth Worth Airport (DFW) Terminal B
- Gameway at Dallas Forth Worth Airport (DFW) Terminal E
- Gameway at Los Angeles Airport (LAX)
How Priority Pass Gameway Lounges Benefit Works
- 2 hours of gaming. Each subsequent hour of gaming receives a 10% discount rate.
- Complimentary two (2) snacks.
- Complimentary soft drinks are limited to one bottle of soda or water.
Priority Pass ROAM Fitness Locations
Priority Pass has a new airport experience partnership for members, the ROAM Fitness. This is an excellent addition to the Priority Pass network for those who enjoy exercising while traveling.
Currently, there are only two (2) ROAM Fitness airport locations:
How Prioirty Pass ROAM Fitness Benefit Works
- This benefit is only available to those with paid Priority Pass memberships.
- Priority Pass members can access the facility for a calendar day.
- Prioirty Pass members can only bring one guest.
- Receive complimentary snacks and beverages available at the front desk.
- Receive complimentary rental workout gear from Lululemon, Brooks running shoes, lockers with charging ports, and showers with Malin+Goetz toiletries
Priority Pass Membership Cost
Priority Pass Membership contains four (4) types of membership in terms of access and guest policy:
- Standard: $99 annual fee
- You pay a $35 visit fee and a $35 guest visit fee.
- Standard Plus: $329 annual fee
- You get ten (10) free visits, then a $35 visit fee. $35 guest visit fee.
- Prestige: $469 annual fee
- You receive unlimited free visits and a $35 guest visit fee.
- Priority Pass Select Membership: free
- This membership is available as part of the credit card benefits.
Discounted Priority Pass Membership Offers
Priority Pass Membership is available worldwide, but not every country can sign up for a travel credit card and receive complimentary Priority Pass Select Membership like American consumers.
With that being said, here is the current discount for Priority Pass Membership:
Free Priority Pass Membership With A Credit Card
Priority Pass Membership requires membership fees to join; however, the membership fee is so much that you are better off getting a travel credit card that offers Priority Pass benefits. You are taking advantage of the complimentary Priority Pass Select Membership and other travel benefits the credit card provides.
Don’t get too hung up on the credit card’s annual fee. Remember that each travel credit card gives you more travel benefits other than just the complimentary Priority Pass Membership based on your traveling frequency and lifestyle.
For example, if you travel a little in a year, the American Express Hilton Honors Business Card is only a $95 annual fee card. The card comes with the benefit of receiving ten (10) free Priority Passes each card membership year.
See the table below for the comparison of each personal and business credit card that offers Priority Pass Membership, along with the guest policy and the card’s authorized users.
|American Express Platinum Card||$695||Unlimited||Two (2) guests free, $35 per additional guest||No||No||$195 Same access privilege as the primary cardholder.|
|Capital One Venture X Credit Card||$395||Unlimited||Two (2) guests free, $35 per additional guest||No||No||$0 Same access privilege as the primary cardholder.|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card||$550||Unlimited||Two (2) guests free, $27 per additional guest||Yes||Yes||$75 Same access privilege as the primary cardholder.|
|Citi Prestige Credit Card||$495||Unlimited||Entire immediate family and two guests are free, $27 per additional guest.||Yes||Yes||$50 Same access privilege as the primary cardholder.|
|American Express Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card||$650||Unlimited||Two (2) guests free, $35 per additional guest||No||No||None|
|Mastercard Black Card||$495||Unlimited||Unlimited||Yes||Yes||$175 Same unlimited access privilege as the primary cardholder.|
|Mastercard Gold Card||$995||Unlimited||Unlimited||Yes||Yes||$295 Same unlimited access privilege as the primary cardholder.|
|U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card||$400||The entire immediate family and two (2) guests are free, $27 per additional guest.||Four (4) free passes, $27 per person access afterward||Yes||Yes||$75 no access to Priority Pass|
|The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card||$450||Unlimited||Unlimited||Yes||Yes||Free and same unlimited access privilege as the primary cardholder.|
|American Express Business Platinum Card||$695||Unlimited||Two (2) guests free, $35 per additional guest||No||No||$350 Same access privilege as the primary cardholder.|
|American Express Hilton Honors Business Card||$95||No free guests, but you can gift out of the ten annual free passes||Four (4) guests free, $27 per additional guest afterward||No||No||None|
How to Add an Authorized User to Priority Pass Membership?
When you go through the table chart above, you can see that you can add an Authorized User (AU) to a bank card that allows an AU person to have the Priority Pass benefit.
The process of adding an authorized user to the Priority Pass Membership is quite simple:
- If you have not done this, you must first request to add an authorized user (AU) to your eligible bank card.
- Once completed, you can ask the bank’s customer service agent to help activate the Priority Pass Membership for the AU. The agent will process that request for you.
- The AU will receive their own full Priority Pass membership card, the same as the primary cardholder.
Is Priority Pass Worth It?
Priority Pass offers airport experiences that range from lounges to restaurants and spas. There are currently over 1,300 airport lounges in the Priority Pass network. However, not every lounge was created equally. This means that you may sometimes find a Priority Pass airport lounge that is too small and offers little refreshments, such as the IASS Hawaii Lounge at Honolulu International Airport (HNL), or you may find a good Priority Pass airport lounge, such as the Turkish Airlines Lounge at Dulles International Airport (IAD).
If you find yourself in an airport that does not have a good airport lounge, you can always look for Priority Pass restaurants to use your Priority Pass credits, which range from $28-$30 per person, depending on the restaurant.
The gist is that if you often travel, leveraging your travel experiences with lounge access is one way to make the journey more pleasant than just the destination. Besides the comfort and relaxation that the airport lounge generally offers, some lounges have a conference room where you can make calls without disrupting the airport noises and crowds.
Getting a complimentary Priority Pass Select Membership benefit through a credit card is a no-brainer. Not only do you receive all the Priority Pass perks, but you also enjoy all the other benefits that your card offers.
Credit cards that offer complimentary Priority Pass Membership:
- American Express Platinum Card
- American Express Business Platinum Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card
- Citi Prestige Credit Card (not available to new applicants).
- American Express Hilton Honors Business Card
- American Express Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card
- Mastercard Black Card
- Mastercard Gold Card
- US Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card (not available to new applicants, but available for product change).
Best Priority Pass Airport Lounges In The World
Check out the following blog post for a list of the best Priority Pass airport lounges in the world: