"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
United TravelBank Cash is a United gift card you can purchase to pay for United flights. In the past, you could only purchase United TravelBank cash for yourself. However, United now allows you to buy United TravelBank cash as a gift to another MileagePlus member.
This change is welcoming because United TravelBank cash purchase has been working for Amex Airline Fee Statement Credit. For example, you can use an eligible American Express Platinum Card to buy United TravelBank cash and gift it to friends or family members who likely fly United more often than you do.
How to Gift United TravelBank Cash?
You can now purchase United TravelBank cash as a gift to another MileagePlus member. Here’s how:
- Go to the official United TravelBank purchase website.
- Sign into your MileagePlus account if prompted.
- Select I want to buy TravelBank cash as a gift.
- Provide the Recipient MileagePlus number and last name.
- Select the Amount, and enter your credit card information.
- Click Buy now to finish the purchase.
Can you gift existing United TravelBank Cash?
Unfortunately, no. Currently, you can only purchase United TravelBank cash as a gift. You cannot transfer or gift your existing TravelBank cash.
However, buying a United ticket and paying using your existing United TravelBank cash for someone else is possible.
Can I use United TravelBank Cash for someone else?
Yes, see below.
How to use United TravelBank cash for someone else?
The process of using United TravelBank cash for someone else is straightforward. You would purchase the ticket as you normally do online. Provide the passenger’s information and simply choose to use the United TravelBank cash to pay for the ticket on the payment page.
- Search and book a United flight as you normally do.
- Provide the passenger’s information.
- Select the TravelBank option under the payment method when you are on the payment page.
- Specify the amount of the TravelBank Cash that you want to apply for the reservation. See the screenshot below.
- Please note that there’s no need to choose which expiring United TravelBank cash to use. The United system automatically uses the TravelBank cash that expires first to apply to your reservation based on the specified amount.
- Finish your booking as you normally do. If you owe any balances after the TravelBank cash is applied, you can use any other credit card to cover any remaining balance.