"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- November 2021 – More people are being targeted for the 150k welcome bonus Amex Membership Rewards points email. Be sure on the lookout for the email if you wish to apply and lock in the $595 annual fee before January 13, 2022!
- July 2021 – I can confirm that I successfully received 150k welcome bonus Amex points for my third Amex Business Platinum Card.
- June 2021 – I applied for my third Amex Business Platinum Card and got instantly approved online with no credit pull. My account is targeted for the third time through Amex’s “expand your membership” 150k bonus points offer. No lifetime language. I am working on meeting the minimum spending now.
- More people are being targeted for 150k Amex Business Platinum Card without the lifetime language via email or after they are signed into an Amex account. Unfortunately, this round of offers does not waive the $595 annual fee for the first year. My account is targeted for the third time and this time the offer is 150k bonus points.
- I received my 100,000 welcome bonus as promised with my second Amex Business Platinum Card after meeting the minimum spending requirement.
I received a targeted offer email from American Express a few days ago to add another American Express Business Platinum Card to my account’s portfolio. I was perplexed
about the offer because I am a current Business Platinum cardmember.
that email again line by line, it appears that Amex already knows that I have
an American Express Business Platinum Card and asks me to sign up for another one to add the
spending power to my current Business Platinum Card. What really made me
seriously consider the offer was the offer even includes a welcome bonus
of 100,000 American Express Membership Rewards (MR) points and other good perks that I’ll talk about more below.
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Adding A Second Amex Business Card Offer Email
The offer email has the subject that says: apply to add a Business Platinum Card, earn more rewards. The content of the email says:
Expanding your Membership can expand access to premium benefits. Apply to
add the Business Platinum Card, streamline your business expenses, and
efficiently manage cash flow. This Card has no preset spending limit and a
$595 annual fee.
As a welcome offer, earn an extra 100,000 Membership Rewards points after
you spend $15,000 in purchases on the Card in the first three months of Card
Membership. Points have no expiration date, so you can use them when you’re
No American Express Bonus Once Per Lifetime Rule
First thing first, it’s worth noting that American Express cards include a very restrictive term that clearly states that:
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
However, the targeted offer that I received in the email to add a second Amex
Business Platinum Card has a huge 100k Amex points sign-up bonus offer attached to it. After clicking the “Add Platinum” button in the email
to the application page, the offer does not include that once per lifetime
Can You Have Two Or More Amex Business Platinum Cards?
The short answer is YES, you can have two American Express Business Platinum Cards.
However, in order to be eligible for the second welcome bonus, your account
will need to be targeted to bypass the Amex bonus once per lifetime
rule mentioned above.
- November 2021, I received the targeted 150k bonus points offer in the email to add another Business Platinum Card.
- February 2021, I received the targeted offer in the email to ADD another Business
Platinum Card. The offer came with a 100k Amex points promo after $15,000
spend in 3 months.
- May 2021, I received another targeted offer by logging into my Amex account and the offer that time was 150k Amex points after $15,000 spend in 3 months. My account was targeted for the third time so it is possible to have multiple American Express Business Platinum Cards too.
American Express generally has a once per lifetime language in their card’s
offer, but the offer that I received did not have that language. After approval, they shipped the card to me the next day. I called in to confirm the receipt of the card and the agent also confirmed the welcome points offer.
Business Platinum Card’s Annual Fee Waived For the First Year
What really surprises me the most was the annual fee. In the offer email, it looks like the annual fee of $595 is not waived for the first year, but after the approval and receiving of my card, the cardmember agreement paper clearly shows that $0 for the first year, then $595. See the screenshot below.
Please note that the no annual fee offer only happened to my second targeted offer. My subsequent offers all have an annual fee for the first year, unfortunately.
Why Targeted Second Amex Card’s Sign-Up Bonus Offer Is Good?
American Express is one of the card issuers that make it hard to be eligible for the welcome bonus again if you have had the card before. It is unofficially known that if you canceled the card and 7 years have gone by, you may be eligible for the card’s welcome bonus again whether the offer contains the once per lifetime language or not.
Being able to be targeted for a second welcome bonus points offer is as good as the Amex card’s upgrade offer
because this allows you to earn a second welcome bonus offer for the
second time while you still own the first card, and you already know that your
application is pre-approved so your chance of getting the card approved is
pretty good. There’s also no credit pull.
Getting A Second Amex Business Platinum Card Strategy
If your account is targeted for the offer, I suggest that you plan your application time strategically in order to exhaust any Amex benefits that are being offered in that particular year.
While my account is targeted for the third time in May 2021, I don’t plan on applying until around middle of the June. My thought is if I apply in the middle of June, my next annual fee should be hit in June 2022 then I have a whole month to decide whether to keep the card or not. That means I have until July of 2022 and by that time, I should be able to use up the Amex Airline Fee Statement Credit, Amex Dell Statement Credits $100 from January – June, and another $100 in July.