"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
A reader sent me an email in response to one of the data points that I provided with Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts (FHR) booking that earned me Marriott Bonvoy points and elite night credits at the Palace Hotel San Francisco. The reader prefers the World of Hyatt program over the Marriott Bonvoy program, and therefore, he wants to know if booking with Amex FHR to use up his $200 annual hotel credit benefit will also earn him World of Hyatt points and elite nights too?
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Does Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts booking earn World of Hyatt points and elite nights?
- Before finalizing your Amex FHR booking, make sure you put in your World of Hyatt number in the entry field under the Loyalty Number. See the screenshot below.
- This is a very important step to have your Amex FHR reservation show up in your World of Hyatt account. This is a way to have your FHR booking recognized as an eligible rate to earn your World of Hyatt points, etc.
- A reference pointed out that the Loyalty Number field only takes numbers, and because the World of Hyatt account number contains letters, he could not add the loyalty number during the Amex FHR booking process. But he called Amex travel and the Amex representative called the hotel directly to have his World of Hyatt number added to the reservation successfully. I tested this out and the Amex Travel system appeared to take my Hyatt account number just fine but I did not go all the way to complete the booking. Therefore, just keep this in mind if you run into this problem. You can either call the Amex travel’s representatives or call the hotel directly to have your World of Hyatt account number added to the reservation.
Do Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings qualify for Hyatt Promotions, Brand Explorer, and Milestone Rewards?
If I do not receive the World of Hyatt points and elite nights from the Amex FHR booking after my stay, what should I do?
|Hyatt’s Fine Hotels and Resorts Rate Plan SOP|
- Noon check-in, when available
- Room upgrade upon arrival, when available
- Daily breakfast for two people
- Guaranteed 4pm late check-out
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Special amenities unique to each property such as on-property credits that are valued at least $100 to use towards spa or food and beverage.
Do you earn World of Hyatt points with the MGM and Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) booked through Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts?
Checklist for Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR) Bookings Earning World of Hyatt Points and Elite Nights
- Make sure your World of Hyatt account number is entered before finalizing your Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts (FHR) booking.
- If your Hyatt number cannot be entered due to the combination of character and number issues, call the Amex travel customer service or hotel directly to have your Hyatt number added to the reservation.
- If you are booking a stay with MGM or SLH through Amex FHR, you should be aware that the FHR rate may be considered a third-party rate according to the MGM and SLH. Therefore, you may not earn World of Hyatt points and Hyatt’s elite nights.
- Make sure you see your reservation show up in your Hyatt account after having your Hyatt number added to your Amex FHR reservation.
- Enjoy your stay! You should receive all the Amex FHR benefits along with your World of Hyatt benefits as well during your stay.
- Worst-case scenario after your stay, if you do not see the World of Hyatt points and elite nights, contact Hyatt to have them review their own internal document under “Fine Hotels and Resorts Rate Plan SOP” showing that the Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR) rate is World of Hyatt points eligible.