"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
There are three (3) Marriott free night certificates: Marriott Free Night 35k Certificate, Marriott Free Night 50k Certificate, and Marriott Free Night 85k Certificate. You can earn each certificate through Marriott Promotions and Offers or Marriott Bonvoy Credit Cards.
Earning Marriott free night certificate(s) through credit card benefits is a preferable way among the points community. At the end of this article, I’ll show you how to earn those Marriott free night certificates so that you can use them to redeem at these Marriott’s beach hotels and resorts in California for a nice beach vacation getaway.
Best Marriott Beach Hotels & Resorts in California For Your Marriott Free Night Award Certificates
When it comes to the Marriott Free Night 35k Certificate, Marriott Free Night 50k Certificate, or Marriott Free Night 85k Certificate, there are a few things you should know:
- You can use Marriott’s free night award 35k certificate for any Marriott Bonvoy property with a redemption level of up to 35,000 points per night and top it off with a maximum of 15,000 Marriott Bonvoy points, up to 50,000 points per night for redemption.
- You can use Marriott’s free night award 50k certificate for any Marriott Bonvoy property with a redemption level of up to 50,000 points per night and top it off with a maximum of 15,000 Marriott Bonvoy points, up to 65,000 points per night for redemption.
- You can use Marriott’s free night award 85k certificate for any Marriott Bonvoy property with a redemption level of up to 85,000 points per night and top it off with a maximum of 15,000 Marriott Bonvoy points, up to 100,000 points per night for redemption.
The Marriott Bonvoy program does not have an award chart anymore. Therefore, be flexible with your search to use your Marriott Free Night 35k Certificate, as the redemption varies based on the night.
Moreover, watch for the Marriott PointSavers promotion to score a higher category Marriott Bonvoy property for just 50,000 points per night, or use your Marriott free night certificate(s) plus up to 15,000 Marriott points. This happened to us when we stayed at the Opry Resort in Nashville.
Situated on the bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel is a luxury coastal resort in Data Point, Southern California. The resort offers breathtaking ocean views, and you can stroll along winding ocean paths that lead to Salt Creek Beach for a pleasant beach paradise relaxation.
The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, is a five-star coastal retreat for those who seek untouched nature and scenic beaches. This luxury resort sits on a bluff top overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Guests can walk the beach, enjoy the world-class golf course, or simply relax at the spa.
The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, is a luxury resort that provides coastal escapes with two beaches and three infinity edge pools to keep you relaxed and entertained with tranquility surroundings. Some rooms feature private balconies with breathtaking ocean views.
While it is not a beachfront property, the Le Merigot San Monica Autograph Collection (formerly JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot) is an ideal oceanfront hotel with a relaxing atmosphere and luxurious amenities. The hotel is just steps from the ocean and the famous Santa Monica Pier. The hotel offers on-site dining and a heated outdoor swimming pool to make your Southern California vacation a fantastic one.
Le Merigot is under renvoationsin 2023, and will join Marriott’s Autograph Collection.
Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa is one of the resorts in Coronado Island that offers beach access to the sandy Coronado Beach and a boardwalk with beautiful San Diego skylines. The resort’s guestrooms feature balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean and three swimming pools, a pickleball court, a day spa, and a few on-site dining options.
Vespera Resort on Pismo Beach is an Autograph Collection property that offers direct beach access to Pismo Beach. The property is a beachfront resort offering direct boardwalk access and convenient walking distance to downtown Pismo Beach, California.
Located in San Diego, the Pier South Resort Autograph Collection is within walking distance of the famous Imperial Beach Pier. The resort also offers direct beach access, and some rooms boast private balconies for a beautiful ocean view.
A low-category Marriott Bonvoy property, SpringHill Suites San Diego Carlsbad, is within walking distance of the beach hotel that offers all-suite amenities. The property features a pool, fitness center, and a rooftop lounge with incredible ocean views. In addition, guests get to enjoy complimentary breakfast every morning.
Marriott Free Night Certificates
How To Find Marriott Free Night Certificate?
On the Marriott Bonvoy Website:
- Log into your MARRIOTT account online.
- Click on your name in the top right-hand corner and click on Activity.
- On the top, under “Earned Award,” you should see your Unused Certificate(s).
On the Marriott Bonvoy App:
- Launch the Marriott Bonvoy app.
- Sign in to your Marriott account if you are not signed in.
- Tap on “Account,” and then you will see Certificates. Tap on it, and your unused certificate(s) will be all listed there.
How To Redeem Marriott Free Night Certificate Without Top-Off?
- Log into your MARRIOTT account online.
- Start searching for the hotel or resort with the “Use Points/Certificates” checkbox checked.
- On the result page, click on the View Rates button for the specific hotel or resort you like.
- Before finalizing your reservation, Marriott will let you know that “You have eligible e-certificates that match your reservation.”
- You can either wish to use the certificate or pay with points instead.
How to Redeem Marriott Free Night Certificate Plus Points (Top Off)?
The process to top off a Marriott free night certificate with points is quite simple, and remember, you can only top off your free night certificate with up to 15,000 points:
On Marriott Bonvoy Website or the Marriott Bonvoy App:
- Go to the official MARRIOTT website and log into your Marriott Bonvoy account.
- Perform your search normally, and make sure the Use Points/Certificates checkbox is checked.
- Click the View Rates button next to the property you’re interested in on the result page.
- Click on the Select button next to the points redemption value.
- On the Review Reservation Details page and before finalizing your reservation, the Marriott system automatically selects the award certificate in your account that’s eligible for the stay plus the points needed. See the screenshots below.