"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to JetBlue TrueBlue points and get a 25% bonus through January 10, 2024.
- Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Air France KLM Flying Blue points and get a 25% bonus through November 30, 2023.
Chase Ultimate Rewards (UR) is the rewards points program you earn with Chase-branded credit cards. The Ultimate Rewards points offer the best value in return when you transfer them to loyalty programs that partner with Chase. Your UR points are worth so much more when redeeming them this way. It works by moving your Chase UR points to a frequent flyer airline for miles at a 1:1 ratio, and you then can use those miles to redeem a flight that the cash price costs more than 1 cent per mile.
|Transfer Chase UR Points to United For SAS Business Class
Photo Credit: Points Life
Chase Airline Transfer Partners
Chase Hotel Transfer Partners
Chase Ultimate Rewards Points Transfer Ratio & Transfer Time
Below is how long Chase UR points typically take to transfer based on the miles and points community data points. Please note that there’s no fee associated with moving Chase UR points to their airline and hotel partners.
The minimum UR points Chase requires for the transfer is 1,000 points. See the chart below:
Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
|Airline Transfer Partner||Min. UR Points: Airline Miles|
|Aer Lingus AerClub||1000:1000||Instant|
|Air Canada Aeroplan||1000:1000||Instant|
|Air France KLM Flying Blue||1000:1000||Instant|
|British Airways Executive Club||1000:1000||Instant|
|Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer||1000:1000||~7 days|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards||1000:1000||Instant|
|United Airlines MileagePlus||1000:1000||Instant|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club||1000:1000||~2 days|
|Hotel Transfer Partner||Min. UR Points: Hotel Points|
|IHG One Rewards||1000:1000||Instant|
|Marriott Bonvoy||1000:1000||~2 days|
|World of Hyatt||1000:1000||Instant|
Which Chase Credit Card Earns Ultimate Rewards Points?
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card
- Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
The following Chase credit cards are cashback credit cards that earn UR points also, but their points must be combined with one of the above Chase credit cards UR points to transfer points to loyalty programs:
- Chase Freedom Card (Discontinued)
- Chase Freedom Flex Credit Card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card
- Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card
- Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card
How To Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards Points To Partners?
It is essential to know that transferring Chase Ultimate Rewards (UR) points to partners is a one-way street. Once the transfer is finalized, you cannot transfer airline miles or hotel points back to Chase.
It is possible to perform Chase UR points to partners transfer online or on the phone. For online:
- Sign in to your Chase account.
- On the account summary page, scroll down to the bottom until you see the Ultimate Rewards section on the right-hand side. Click Redeem Rewards.
- Chase will ask you which UR card you want to use for redemption.
- Select the UR card that can transfer points to an airline or a hotel partner, as mentioned in the “Which Chase Credit Card Earns Ultimate Rewards Points?” section.
- Click on where it says Earn / Use in the top section and select Transfer to Travel Partners. (See screenshot below).
- Select the loyalty program that you want to transfer. If it is your first time moving UR points to a specific loyalty program, Chase will prompt you to enter your loyalty program’s information.
- Follow the web interface to indicate how many points you want to transfer. Follow the prompts to finalize the transfer.
|Photo Credit: Chase|
Should You Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards Points To Airline & Hotel Partners?
It is crucial to remember that you cannot transfer loyalty program points back to Chase once the transfer is completed.
- Search and confirm the award availability of the flight that you want.
- Understand how that mileage program works, such as how to book, mileage expiration policy, and award cancellation/change policy in case you have to cancel.
- If you cancel, will you be able to use those miles later on?
Generally speaking, the speculative transfer can negatively impact you because you are stuck with a particular airline’s frequent flyer miles and cannot use those miles. Airlines can devalue their award chart, and so can hotels, and most programs have a policy in place that those unused points can expire.
Here are my favorite Chase transfer airline partners: Air Canada Aeroplan, British Airways Executive Club, Air France KLM Flying Blue, Iberia Plus, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Southwest Rapids Rewards, United MileagePlus, and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
Chase Ultimate Rewards Points Current & Past Transfer Bonus History
Below is the chart for Chase Ultimate Rewards points’ current and past transfer bonuses. These bonus histories are for reference purposes only, so you know when the next transfer bonus is. There’s no guarantee the transfer bonus will return, but it’s worth waiting it out if you have the flexibility.
Chase Transfer Partners
Offer End Date
|Aer Lingus AerClub||30%||September 22, 2023|
|Air Canada Aeroplan||20%||July 31, 2023|
|30%||November 30, 2022|
||December 31, 2023|
|Air France KLM Flying Blue||25%||November 30, 2023|
|25%||May 15, 2023|
|25%||May 15, 2022|
|British Airways Executive Club||30%||September 22, 2023|
|30%||July 31, 2022|
|30%||September 26, 2021|
|30%||December 9, 2020|
|30%||June 16, 2019|
|Iberia Plus||30%||September 22, 2023|
|IHG One Rewards||70%||July 31, 2023|
|50%||August 15, 2022|
|60%||August 31, 2020|
|JetBlue TrueBlue||25%||January 10, 2024|
|Marriott Bonvoy||50%||September 30, 2023|
|50%||May 15, 2023|
|40%||December 20, 2022|
|50%||August 19, 2022|
|50%||December 24, 2021|
|50%||August 31, 2021|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards||20%||October 31, 2020|
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club||30%||November 15, 2023|
|30%||June 15, 2023|
|30%||November 12, 2022|
|30%||June 15, 2022|