"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- Amex increases the 35% rebated points cap from 500,000 to 1,000,000 points per calendar year.
American Express Membership Rewards (MR) points offer the best values when you transfer those points to Amex partner frequent flyer programs for premium class seats. The second benefit is that I value Amex MR points to redeem them for travel through Amex Travel, known as Pay With Points. This benefit is good when you have an eligible Amex card that gives you a points rebate benefit, such as the American Express Business Platinum Card.
|Pay For Business Class Seat With Amex Points & Get 35% Points Back.|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
How Does Amex Business Platinum Card 35% Airline Bonus Benefit Work?
- You can receive 35% points back when you Pay With Points for any class of service booked on the qualifying airline you select each year that matches the airline you choose for the $200 Amex Airline Fee Statement Credit.
- For example, you chose United Airlines as your preferred airline for the $200 airline fee credit. When you purchase a United flight ticket through Amex Travel and use the Pay With Points feature, you will receive 35% points back of the total points you used.
- If you select Spirit Airlines, Southwest Airlines, or Frontier Airlines to receive your 35% Airline Bonus, you must call Business Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-553-9497.
- You can receive 35% points back when you Pay With Points for a Business or First Class ticket booked with any airline.
- See the full terms and conditions here.
How to Select A Qualifying Airline for Amex Business Platinum Card Airline Fee Credit?
When Should You Use Amex Travel Pay With Points?
- If you pay for the ticket with Amex points (Pay With Points), you are looking to use 350,000 points or 227,500 points with the 35% points rebate.
- Suppose you transfer Amex points to Virgin Atlantic frequently flyer points. In that case, you will only need 100,000 Amex points to convert to 100,000 Virgin Atlantic points to book the same exact roundtrip ticket subject to award availability, and that is a saving of 127,500 MR points.
- Is it better to transfer Amex MR points to the frequent flyer program to book instead?
- If yes, are the award seats available for booking for the dates you want?
- If yes, is the frequent flyer program easy to deal with? Sometimes, it may not be worth it to bother with specific frequent flyer programs and end up costing your time.
- Is the cash price of the ticket low enough? The cheaper the airfare is, the fewer points you will need to spend.
How to Use Amex Business Platinum Card 35% Airline Pay With Points Rebate?
- You receive 35% points back up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when using the Pay With Points feature to cover all or part of a flight.
- Pay With Points requires a minimum redemption of 5,000 points.
- The 35% points rebate benefit only apply to the following eligible fares:
- Flight tickets are booked with your Chosen Airline in any class of service.
- Flight tickets are booked with ANY Airlines in Business or First class.
- Go to the official Amex Travel site.
- First, log in to your Amex account through the blue Log In button on the top.
- Click on the Flights tab, and provide your search parameters to search.
- On the result page, you can filter through the flight criteria that you want. The total Amex MR points needed will also be displayed there. But keep in mind that those points do not include the 35% points rebate. Use the following calculator to help you determine the final total points you will need:
- Select the flight you want and follow the booking prompts to review the itinerary and provide the traveler’s information.
- You will be given Payment Options to choose from on the final page. If you want to use all points to cover the entire cost, select Use Only Points. You can also Use Points + Card if you’re going to use some Amex points towards the purchase.
- Please note that you are still required to provide your American Express Business Platinum Card information even if you use Pay With Points.
- Once your flight is successfully booked:
- You will see the pending charge appears on your card’s account. Don’t worry; once the payment is posted, Amex will issue you a credit of that amount applied to your statement.
- Your Membership Rewards points are deducted right away from your account, and it can take up to 6-10 weeks before you see the 35% points rebate posted to your account.
How Long Does the 35% Pay With Points Rebate Take to Post?
- November 1 – Redeemed Points for Amex Travel. Purchase posted and credited to Amex account showing the amount, not points.
- December 1 – Received the 35% Pay With Points rebate.
If I have multiple Amex Membership Rewards earning cards, how do I ensure the transaction qualifies for the Business Platinum Card’s 35% points rebate?
|Amex Confirms 35% Bonus Redemption.|
- Call the Membership Rewards team at 1-800-297-3276 to inquire and confirm.
- Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – midnight ET
- Saturday – Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET