"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
American Express Business Platinum Card offers up to $120 annual wireless statement credits for your telephone service purchases.
|Photo Credit: American Express|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
How Does the Amex $120 Wireless Credit Work?
- Amex $120 wireless statement credit is currently only available for cardmembers of the American Express Business Platinum Card.
- The benefit is available to you as long as you remain a cardmember.
- Each month, you are eligible for up to $10 in statement credits when using your Business Platinum Card to pay for wireless phone services, including your monthly cellular plan bills.
- You must enroll for this benefit with American Express before spending. To enroll:
- Sign in to your Amex account
- Click on the Benefits tab
- Find the section “$120 Wireless Credit,” then click the Get Started button to accept the terms and enroll.
- If you prefer, you can use the chat or call to have the agent enrolls it for you too.
- To use the Amex $10 monthly wireless statement credit:
- Each month, pay your wireless phone services/bills of $10 or more with your American Express Business Platinum Card.
- Once the charge is posted to your card’s account, American Express will issue a $10 statement credit reimbursement into your account. This process is automatically done by the American Express system.
- It’s worth mentioning that you shouldn’t wait until the last few days of the month to use the Amex $10 monthly wireless credit because it is a monthly benefit. If your charge is not posted to your Amex account by the end of the month, you will not receive the $10 statement credit for that month. The credit does not carry over to next month. This is a benefit in each month that you use it or lose it.
American Express Platinum Cell Phone Protection
- American Express Centurion Card
- American Express Business Centurion Card
- American Express Platinum Card including Schwab, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanely, Ameriprise Financial, and Corporate cards.
- American Express Business Platinum Card
- American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum Card
- American Express Delta SkyMiles Business Platinum Card
- American Express Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card
- American Express Delta SkyMiles Business Reserve Card
- The benefit is free for eligible Amex card accounts.
- Enrollment for this benefit is not required.
- The benefit covers the following:
- Cost of repair, stolen, and damaged cell phone, including a cracked screen.
- You can be reimbursed for a maximum of $800 per claim.
- You are limited to two approved claims per 12-month period.
- Each approved claim has a $50 deductible.
- To file the claim, you must call AIG Company at 1-833-784-1467 to open a claim and provide the necessary supporting documents.
- You must charge your monthly cell phone bill to your eligible card account.
- The coverage begins on the first day of the calendar month, following the payment of your cell phone bill using your eligible Amex card.
- This benefit is not available to the Amex card’s authorized user account, and it’s only available for the primary card account. However, you are eligible for this benefit if your cell phone line is listed on the monthly cell phone bill and the prior month’s bill was paid entirely by the primary card’s account. More below.
- For more information on the Amex Cell Phone Protection information:
Am I eligible for the Amex Cell Phone Protection if I am on a family plan?
- The cell phone monthly bill and the prior month’s cell phone bill must be entirely paid by the eligible Amex card.
- Your cell phone line must be listed on the bill.
Am I eligible for the Amex Cell Phone Protection if I am an eligible Amex card’s authorized user?