"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
American Express Platinum Card offers annual Amex $200 Hotel Statement Credits on prepaid Fine Hotels & Resorts or The Hotel Collection bookings made through the Amex Travel website. It is one of the card’s benefits that is worth using to really lower your fees on the Platinum Card’s high annual fee.
|Photo: Palace Hotel San Francisco|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Does Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts booking earn the hotel’s elite points and elite nights?
- Right after I booked the Palace Hotel San Francisco with Amex Travel, the reservation showed up in my Marriott account with the American Express FHR rate.
- At the check-in desk, the receptionist recognized and welcomed me as the Marriott Platinum Elite member.
- Amex FHR offers a complimentary daily breakfast benefit that overlaps with the welcome amenity benefit of my Marriott Platinum Elite status. The receptionist suggested that I took the bonus points as a welcome amenity instead in which I did.
- After the stay, I received an official email from Marriott asking me for feedback. It took a couple days before my elite night credit from that stay was posted to my Marriott account along with all the Marriott Bonvoy points that I earned from that stay.
- In addition, I also earned bonus Marriott points from my targeted Marriott Bonvoy’s Q3 promotion.
How to make sure you earn the hotel’s elite points and elite nights with American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts prepaid booking?
Do Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts bookings qualify for hotel promotions and offers?
- Marriott Promotions and Offers
- Hilton Promotions and Offers
- IHG Rewards Club Promotions and Offers
- Hyatt Promotions and Offers
- American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts Promotions and Special Offers
Should you book with Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts or directly with the hotel chain?
- Noon check-in, when available
- Room upgrade upon arrival, when available
- Daily breakfast for two people
- Guaranteed 4pm late check-out
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Special amenities unique to each property such as on-property credits that are valued at least $100 to use towards spa or food and beverage.
- Booking with Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts is ideal for those that do not have elite status with the Marriott Bonvoy program or other hotel reward programs because Amex FHR offers benefits that are typically available only to hotel guests that have elite status with the hotel rewards program.
- If you have elite status with the hotel, booking with Amex FHR gives you additional perks such as the on-property $100 credit to use during your stay. However, you may want to make sure to compare the nightly rate between the two booking channels.
- Lastly, booking with Amex FHR allows you to use your Amex $200 Hotel Statement Credits on your Platinum Card.