"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Coast Rewards is a rewards program under Coast Hotels. You can find these hotels mostly in Canada and West Coast states in the United States such as California, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska.
|Going to Canadian Rocky?
Photo Credit: Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Coast Hotels Coast Rewards Overview: Points, Tiers & Elite Benefits
- 3 tiers level: Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
- All members get the benefit of the priority check-in.
- Late check-out benefit is only available for Gold and Platinum.
- Platinum members receive the following:
- Welcome amenity
- Complimentary continental breakfast with select hotels
- 50% off second room at Best Available Rate
- Guaranteed availability 48 hours before check-in
- Complimentary room upgrade.
- The number of nights required for Gold is 15-39 nights and for Platinum is 40+ nights.
- Points are earned per dollar spent before taxes.
- Silver earns 1 point per $1
- Gold earns 1.25 points per $1
- Platinum earns 1.5 points per $1
- If no activities, points expire after 24 months.
Redeeming Coast Rewards Points
- Coast Rewards doesn’t divide hotels into categories.
- Free night requires 1,750 points per night at any Coast hotel.
- Free night is provided in the form of a “paper voucher” that can be used to book for a one (1) night stay in a Comfort Room type at any Coast Hotel.
- The paper vouchers must be redeemed within one year.
- If you want a bigger room, 2,250 points will give you a paper voucher to book for one night stay in a Super Room type at any Coast hotel, or you can exchange only 500 points for the paper voucher to upgrade the room.
- Currently, points earned can be converted to two airline programs: Aeroplan and Alaska Airlines at a 1:1 ratio, starting at 1,000 points.
- You can also use points to redeem for getaways, dining, charity, Coast hotels gift cards & other merchant gift cards. However, these types of redemption are not that great.
- Here’s the link to the Coast Rewards redemption options in detail (sign-in required).
My Two Cents
On the other hand, the downside of the program though is if you don’t have the status with them, you only earn 1 point per 1 dollar spent before taxes. That will require some spending to reach the 1,750 points for a one free night stay, 500 points for a room upgrade, or 1,000 points to transfer to airline miles. Coast Hotels also does not have any co-branded credit cards.