"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- CBP now allows select travelers to schedule a remote interview for their Global Entry application.
Global Entry (GE)is a U.S. Customs and Borders Protection program and it is one of the Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) out there that allows expedited clearance for travelers upon arrival in the United States.
|Get Expedited Clearance Next Time From Your International Trips With Global Entry
Photo: SWISS Business Class ‘Throne’ Seat on Boeing 777
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
How to Apply For Global Entry Online
- They provide false or incomplete information on the application;
- They have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges to include outstanding warrants;
- They have been found in violation of any Customs, Immigration, or Agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
- They are subjects of an investigation by any Federal, state, or local law enforcement agency;
- They are inadmissible to the United States under Immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation; or
- They cannot satisfy CBP of their low-risk status or meet other program requirements.
- Go to CBP Trust Traveler Programs homepage.
- Under Global Entry, click on Get Started button and that will launch a sign-in page.
- It’s worth noting that, if your Global Entry gets approved, you will receive complimentary TSA PreCheck as well.
- Global Entry costs $100 and TSA PreCheck costs $85 – So it’s worth getting the Global Entry instead of the PreCheck.
- Create a Trusted Traveler Program (TTP)’s account if you have not.
- Once you successfully create a TTP account, sign into your account.
- Within your dashboard, you should be able to go ahead and apply for the Global Entry. Simply follow the screen to complete your profile and answer questions on the application form.
- Pay a $100 application fee (see Credit Cards For Free Global Entry section below) and submit your application.
- If your application looks good, you’ll receive a Conditional Approval Notification status message.
We are pleased to inform you that your U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Global Entry membership application has been processed and you are now invited to complete the enrollment process.
In order to finalize your Global Entry enrollment, you can complete your interview when you return from your next international trip at one of several international airports in the United States and at one of CBP’s Preclearance locations. With Enrollment on Arrival, Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved can complete their interviews, the last step of the Global Entry process, while they are clearing through United States Customs and Border Protection.
Scheduling Global Entry Remote Interview Pilot Program
This is a pilot program. Select Global Entry applicants can now schedule a remote interview with a CBP officer to finalize his/her Global Entry application through video teleconferencing Zoom.
To be eligible to participate in this pilot program:
- Be conditionally approved for a TTP renewal;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have a photo on file with CBP that was taken (1) within the past 10 years, and (2) after the applicant was 14 years of age; and
- Have previously submitted fingerprints to CBP.
- Log into your TTP dashboard
- Select the Scheduling Your Remote Interview link.
Scheduling Global Entry Interview & Global Entry Interview On Arrival Locations
Congratulations if you get to this point! Completing an interview in person is your final step to get approval for your Global Entry application. You have two options when it comes to attending an Interview with CBP personnel.
- You can complete your interview when you return from your International trip. This is known as Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival. There are several airports that provide this service and you can see a complete list here.
- If for whatever reason you cannot do the interview through Enrollment on Arrival, you can instead schedule an interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center instead. You can find your nearest Enrollment Center here.
- Should you go with this route, after receiving your conditional approval notification, you can schedule an interview at your nearest enrollment center within the dashboard under your TTP account’s profile as well.
What to Bring to Global Entry Interview?
- A valid passport. If you travel using more than one passport, please bring them to the interview so that the information can be added to your file. This provides you with the ability to use either passport at the Global Entry kiosk;
- A permanent resident card (if applicable);
- Documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are driver’s license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc.
Global Entry Interview Questions
How Soon Can You Renew Global Entry?
Is Interview Required For Global Entry Renewal?
How To Renew Global Entry Online
- Go to the CBP Trust Traveler Programs homepage and log in.
- Click on the BLUE Renew Application under your Program Membership.
- Complete your personal information and answer questions on the form.
- Pay for your renewal fee of $100 (see Credit Cards For Free Global Entry section below) and submit your application.
Credit Cards For Free Global Entry
- You pay $100 when you apply for or renew the Global Entry membership online with that particular credit card.
- After that charge is posted, the card company will then issue you a $100 statement credit. So in the end, you owe nothing.
- You can only receive the Global Entry’s statement credit every 4 years, but your Global Entry once approved is good for 5 years.
- If you have multiple credit cards that have this benefit, you can use them for someone else’s application too. Credit card company does not restrict that credit to be used only for the cardholder.
- This benefit is also a great way to help to reduce any annual fees on the credit card.
Below are credit cards with Global Entry fee’s reimbursement
- American Express Platinum Card – $550 Annual Fee
- American Express Business Platinum Card – $595 Annual Fee
- American Express Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card – $450 Annual Fee
- Bank of America Premium Rewards Credit Card – $95 Annual Fee
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card – $95 Annual Fee
- Chase IHG Premier Credit Card – $89 Annual Fee
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card – $550 Annual Fee
- Chase United Explorer Credit Card – $95 Annual Fee
- Citi Prestige Credit Card – $495 Annual Fee