"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
I decided to apply for the Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card. I am not sure if it’s my unlucky application or Chase now has some sort of secondary and final sign-off on applications in the reconsideration department. It is my first time encountering this experience. I am offering the data point in this post for your reference. Keep in mind that YMMV.
|Photo Credit: Chase|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Why the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card?
- I’m going to have quite a few Hyatt stays next year.
- I’m currently 4/24 with the Chase application rule, so picking up a business credit card will not get denied automatically due to the Chase 5/24 Rule. The approved Chase business credit card will also not be reported to my personal credit report.
- The Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card comes with a $199 annual fee but I’ll receive a $100 Hyatt stay credit at the face value so that lowers the fee to just $99 a year.
$99 in exchange for the sign-up bonus of 75,000 bonus Hyatt points is a no-brainer.
- I plan on spending $7,500 to get the sign-up bonus within 3 months and then spend an additional $2,500 next year to get 5 elite nights in 2022.
- With a few Hyatt stays next year plus complimentary automatic 5 elite nights with my personal Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card and 5 elite nights from the $10k spend (I have to spend $7,500 anyway to get the sign-up bonus), that will make it much easier for me to reach elite status and earn Hyatt Milestone Reward on the way.
- Special discount on the room rate with the Hyatt Leverage program with 50 nights of qualifying stays requirement is waived.
- Last but not least, I can also gift the Discoverist elite status to my household members too after adding them as authorized users on the card as employees.
My Experience With Applying for the Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card Under Three Reviews
- October 15: I submitted my application online for the Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card. The application went to “Decision pending. Thanks for applying. We need to review your application a little longer.”
- On the same day, I attempted to check the application status online. There was no record of my application.
Then I decided to call the chase lending reconsideration line at 1-800-453-9719 (Business) to check the application status through the automated process. After giving my SSN, the Chase system still could not locate my application.
I pressed 0# and it routed me to an agent.
- I told her what was going on. After verifying my identity, she was able to see my application and went over it with me. Turned out, I missed three zeros when I gave them my personal income on the online application. Oops!
- She corrected that and went through a series of questions that are similar to the questions on the application. She then re-submitted the application and placed me on hold.
- That was when it started to seem strange to me! It took her almost 10 minutes after putting me on hold to come back and tell me that my application had to go through a secondary review. She could not tell me right away if I was approved or denied. She told me to wait for the decision between 7-10 business days.
- Typically, I could receive a decision right away after just a couple minutes wait on the call. She said that the secondary review is needed to verify my income, business, etc. If I want, I could call back the next day to find out the status. I thanked her and ended the call.
- I was going to wait it out 7-10 business days, but I will be out of town until November. So if they needed any business documents for verification, I may not be able to supply them while being away from home. So I decided to call the next day around noon time.
- After the agent came online, I told her about the reason for my call. She let me know that “We are approving your application but it requires a final sign-off.”
- I proceed to tell her that I’d be out of town and I would not be able to supply any documents if I needed to verify anything. She said that would not be necessary and if I could not receive the decision letter in the mail, simply call back within a couple days to check the status with an agent again.
- That night when I signed into my Chase account on the Chase mobile app, I saw the Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card appear in my account. That meant that I was approved without supplying any documents or moving the credit line around. Hallelujah!