Advertiser Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) has club lounges available at select IHG hotels and resorts. You generally will find excellent IHG club lounges at the InterContinental properties, though some IHG brand properties, such as Crowne Plaza, voco, Regent, and Holiday Inn, also have club lounges.
Best Club Lounges for IHG Annual Lounge Membership & Paid Club Access Rooms
Similar to the World of Hyatt milestone rewards program, you can receive up to two (2) Annual Lounge Memberships with the IHG Milestone Rewards. Alternatively, you can also pay and book a room with club access on the club-level floor.
Club InterContinental London Park Lane
Club Lounge at InterContinental London Park Lane is exceptional. The lounge offers a customized breakfast and a buffet, an Afternoon Tea, delicious food, and alcoholic beverages in the evening. In addition, the lounge offers plenty of comfortable seats with incredible views of London.
Club Lounge InterContinental Paris Le Grand
The luxury Club Lounge at InterContinental Paris Le Grand receives excellent reviews, from the fantastic service of the lounge staff to the great food and drink offerings inside the lounge. Moreover, the lounge offers a quiet and relaxing space to work, energize, and retreat from the day of Paris sightseeing.
- Buffet breakfast from 7 am to 11 am
- Tea time from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Evening reception with delightful canapés from 5 pm to 8 pm
- Club Lounge InterContinental Paris Le Grand
Club Lounge InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta pride its InterContinental Club Lounge as one of the most oversized hotel lounge in the city. Also, reviewers from lounge guests compliment the stunning Mediterranean sea view and superb services inside the lounge. In addition, guests with club access receive an exclusive private check-in at a dedicated reception desk and all-day refreshments aside from the excellent breakfast, afternoon tea, pre-dinner drinks, and canapés.
- 6:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Reception from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Club Lounge InterContinental Malta
Club InterContinental ANA Tokyo
The ANA InterContinental Tokyo is not only a luxury hotel but also has a world-class spacious Club Lounge. Located on the 35th floor, the Club InterContinental offers a sweeping view of the iconic Tokyo Tower. The lounge is also clean and spacious, offering fantastic food from breakfast and afternoon tea to evening hors d’oeuvres and cocktails with attentive staff services.
- Club lounge: 6:30 am –10:30 pm.
- Breakfast: 7:00 am – 11:00 am.
- Afternoon tea: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- Evening cocktails and canapes: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
- Club InterContinental ANA Tokyo
Club InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong
Located on the first floor, offering incredible views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong skylines, Club Lounge InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong is superb. The lounge also offers breakfast, high tea, and evening cocktails and appetizers with friendly lounge staff service.
- Daily: 6:30 am – 11:00 pm
- Breakfast: 6:30am – 11:00am
- Executive tea: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Cocktail: 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Club InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong
Club InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort
InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort is one of the most aspiring and luxurious InterContinental in Asia. Therefore, you can expect the resort’s Club Lounge to be beautiful and elegant. The lounge creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere overlooking the incredible sea and resort views with exclusive check-in and check-out experience, including concierge services.
- Complimentary breakfast from 07:00 to 11:00
- The signature afternoon tea with our compliments from 14:30 to 16:30
- Complimentary Cocktails & Canapes, with premium wines and spirits, 17:30 – 19:30
- Complimentary refreshments and non-alcoholic beverages all day long
- Club InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort
Club Lounge Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is one of my favorite airport hotels in the world (review here). While the lounge is currently closed due to renovations, you should add this one to the list to check out when it’s fully open again. The property and the Club Lounge access make this Singapore airport hotel better than most of the other airport hotels in the world to offer convenient amenities for business and leisure travelers.
Per the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport website:
Relax, refresh, or do business in style in our Club Lounge. Wide sofas, comfortable chairs, and ergonomic work desks are available to fulfill every business or leisure need. Two fully equipped meeting rooms are available for small professional gatherings, while intimate service throughout the day ensures a tailored experience. Join us for a private buffet breakfast every morning, and come back for a sociable soirée with colleagues in the evening.Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Club Lounge
Club InterContinental Jimbaran Bali Resort
The Club InterContinental at the luxury InterContinnental Bali Resort is fantastic and worth the upgrade. Aside from the lounge’s excellent offerings, from breakfast services to cocktail hour, there’s an exclusive Club Pool for club guests. However, please note that the IHG Annual Lounge Membership milestone reward may grant you access to the Club Lounge offerings. Still, specific club amenities are restricted, such as the Club Pool, for example. Nevertheless, data points show that you may be able to speak to the lounge manager to gain access, though.
Club InterContinental Sydney
The newly refurbished Club InterContinental at InterContinental Sydney offers impressive Sydney Harbour and Opera House views. The lounge has window seats to appreciate the view while enjoying excellent meals and drinks. Furthermore, the Club offers different floor levels for breakfast and afternoon/evening services. Breakfast and refreshments are served on the rooftop, followed by exclusive access to the Club InterContinental lounge. See below.
BREAKFAST AND REFRESHMENTS
- Level 32
- Mon – Fri: 6:30am – 2:00pm
- Sat-Sun: 7 am – 2:00 pm
CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL LOUNGE
- Level 31
- Available seven days, 2:00 pm – 10.30 pm
- Afternoon tea: 2 pm – 4 pm
- Twilight Canapes and Drinks: 5 pm – 7 pm
- Club InterContinental Sydney
Club InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
It’s hard to find a great Club InterContinental in the United States. However, the Club Lounge at InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown deserves to be on the list. The lounge offers a spectacular view through its floor-to-ceiling windows, and many reviews all agree on that. The food offerings inside the lounge are also tasty and it’s all quality food.
How to Get Access to the IHG Club Lounge?
Getting access to the IHG executive club lounges is an exclusive privilege through the following methods:
- You pay for a club rate room during booking or upgrade at check-in.
- You can choose and use up to two Annual Lounge Memberships through IHG Milestone Rewards.
- One annual lounge membership after hitting 40 nights.
- Another one annual lounge membership after hitting 70 nights.
- You have the InterContinental Royal Ambassador elite status.
- However, InterContinental Royal Ambassador elite status is by invitation only based on several stay patterns.
- You also must have the InterContinental Ambassador elite status first, which is a lot easier to get by paying $200 or redeeming 40,000 IHG One Rewards points.
IHG Annual Lounge Membership Reward Benefit Terms
The Annual Lounge Membership milestone reward grants you access to IHG hotel lounges; however, it also contains some limitations in terms of what club amenities you can access in addition to lounge access. IHG puts together detailed terms and conditions below regarding the Annual Lounge Membership benefits and restrictions:
Annual Lounge Membership: Lounge Membership provides access to the hotel’s Club Lounge and offers amenities within the physical space (e.g., library, meeting room, and business station) for the registered Member plus one additional guest (the additional guest does not need to be staying at the hotel) for the duration of their stay or until time of Check-Out. (Note: At Iberostar Beachfront Resorts the one additional guest must be a guest at the hotel.)
IHG One Rewards Members Benefit
- Once Annual Lounge Membership is chosen, it will be valid until the end of the year plus an additional 12 months (E.g., the Annual Lounge Membership Milestone choice selected in June 2022 will be valid until December 31, 2023)
- Annual Lounge Membership rewards do not accumulate. A member only needs to select Annual Lounge Membership once (at either the 40-night or 70-night Milestone) to maximize value for the Member and enjoy it through to the end of the year plus 12 months.
- Lounge Food and Beverage offerings and additional amenities vary by region and by hotel.
- Annual Lounge Membership is available at IHG properties with a Club Lounge unless restricted due to renovations, closures, or other facility limitations.
- Annual Lounge Membership does not include Club REGENT or Club InterContinental amenities or services beyond the physical lounge, e.g., free pressing, farewell amenities, airport transportation, etc.
- At participating Iberostar Beachfront Resorts, Annual Lounge Membership provides access to the Star Prestige facilities and services, excluding Star Prestige guest rooms, for the registered Member plus one additional hotel guest.
- Annual Lounge Membership is available on Qualified Stays only, including Reward Night/Free Night and stays booked through an OTA.
- Annual Lounge benefit is not available at Mr & Mrs Smith properties or InterContinental Alliance Resorts (Las Vegas and Macau)
How to Find the IHG Annual Lounge Membership Reward?
After you have completed the required nights and selected an Annual Lounge Membership through the IHG Milestone Reward, the reward can be found in your IHG account’s Rewards Wallet.
How to Redeem the IHG Annual Lounge Membership?
Redeeming the IHG Annual Lounge Membership is a bit different, but it offers good flexibility and convenience in case of a cancellation. You do not actually redeem the annual membership reward at the time of or after making a qualifying rate reservation. Instead, you choose to redeem the reward when you check in for your stay at the hotel. Because of that, your reward must not expire, and you must be there.
- At check-in, locate your unexpired Annual Lounge Membership reward in the IHG Rewards Wallet.
- Then, click the orange button Redeem and show it to the check-in receptionist.
- The receptionist then confirms the redemption and adds club lounge access to your reservation.