Advertiser Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!
Venice, Italy is an amazing place to visit for any occasions that range from solo traveling to romantic getaways. The Grand Canal attracts many visitors each year and hotels there can be very expensive. When deciding on where to stay in Venice, make sure that you are not staying in the Mestre area as that’s too far from the Grand Canal.
Thanks to the reward points programs such as Hilton, IHG, Marriott and Hyatt, there are a few properties in Venice that can be booked with points. Let’s take a look.
Hilton does not have award chart anymore. They also got rid of hotel and resort categories. They instead have a range of points required that are seasonal or peak/off-peak. They have an online reward tool that helps you determine what’s the maximum Hilton points required for a specific hotel or resort, and that the price of a standard room reward will not exceed the current set maximum amount of Hilton points per night listed for each hotel.
Please keep in mind too that Silver, Gold and Diamond elite Hilton members will receive every 5th night free on points stays of five consecutive nights or more. Hilton also does not charge any resort fees on award stays.
Currently, there’s only one Hilton property that’s situated in the Grand Canal area.
- Hilton Molino Stucky – Points vary and max 70,000 Hilton points per night.
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group)
If you have an eligible Chase IHG credit card Chase IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card ($29 annual fee) or the Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card ($89 annual fee), you will receive 4th night free on points stays of 4 consecutive nights or more. Also, if you have the discontinued old IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card ($49 annual fee), you also receive the 10% rebate on points stays.
- Hotel Indigo Venice – Sant’Elena – 40,000 IHG points per night. Eligible for Chase IHG credit card’s anniversary year free night.
Marriott rewards program offers the 5th night free benefit that is automatically applied when you redeem Marriott points for minimum 5-night stays. You do not need to hold any credit card or have any high elite status with Marriott. All you need is sufficient Marriott points to cover the entire 4 award night stays, then the 5th night will be free or zero point. However, Marriott does not waive fees on award stays.
- AC Hotel Venezia – Category 5 – 35,000 Marriott points per night. The anniversary free night certificate that earns through Marriott credit cards can be used for this redemption.
- Grand Hotel Dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection – Category 6 – 50,000 Marriott points per night. The anniversary free night certificate that earns through the Chase Ritz-Carlton credit card and the Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant credit card can be used for this property.
- Palazzina, Venice, a Member of Design Hotels – Category 8 – 85,000 Marriott points per night.
- The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice – Category 8 – 85,000 Marriott points per night.
- The St. Regis Venice – Category 8 – 85,000 Marriott points per night.
- Hotel Danieli, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice – Category 8 – 85,000 Marriott points per night.
- JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa – Category 6 – 50,000 Marriott points per night. The anniversary free night certificate that earns through the Chase Ritz-Carlton credit card and the Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant credit card can be used for this property.
World of Hyatt
Thanks to recent partnership with Small Luxury Hotels (SLH). Hyatt now has properties in Venice.
Please note also that Standard World of Hyatt benefits are not included with stays at Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH). This includes complimentary parking on free night awards, club lounge access, complimentary bottled water, waived Resort or Facility fees and more.