"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- As of September 2021, there is a dedicated line to book Vacasa using Wyndham points now. Meanwhile, the email method to book Vacasa no longer works. You can still email them, but they will simply reply and tell you to call instead.
The partnership between Wyndham and Vacasa created another redemption opportunity to use Wyndham Rewards Points for vacation rental homes. This partnership really adds the value to Wyndham Rewards program and expands the Wyndham portfolio in terms of vacation rental properties.
Wyndham & Vacasa Partnership
Vacasa is an international vacation rental company based in Portland, Oregon. It is one of the largest vacation rental management companies in North America. Wyndham and Vacasa finalized their partnership deal in 2021 and this exclusive partnership allows Wyndham Rewards members to earn and use Wyndham Rewards Points to book a stay at one of those vacation rental properties that are within the Vacasa portfolio.
Vacasa’s vacation rental properties range from a studio condo to a beach cottage, a ski cabin, or an entire house rental. This type of vacation rental is your home away from home. It comes with a full-size kitchen, dishes, and utensils, washer and dryer, etc. with all things that you have at your own home. This is a great option for families traveling with kids or groups traveling together because everyone will be staying under one roof, cooking meals, and hanging out together.
How Many Wyndham Points Needed to Redeem Vacasa?
Vacasa requires 15,000 Wyndham Rewards Points per night per bedroom. In other words, if you find a 1 bedroom Vacasa property, you can use 15,000 Wyndham points per night to redeem. It does not matter if the property has a loft or a basement or multiple beds, as long as it’s advertised as a 1 bedroom unit, it’ll only need 15,000 Wyndham points per night. 2 bedrooms will require 30,000 points per night, 3 bedrooms will require 45,000 points per night and so on.
If you have Barclays Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Credit Card, you receive a 10% discount on award stay’s redemption. This means that you’ll only need to use 13,500 Wyndham points per night to book a 1 bedroom Vacasa property.
It’s worth noting also that, these types of vacation rental properties generally have minimum night requirements but you should be able to tell right away when you search for availability that I’ll show you how to do below.
Moreover, by using Wyndham points to redeem for Vacasa, you do not have to pay for any taxes and other cleaning fees, etc. which are typically charged by these types of vacation rental businesses. You only need to make sure you have the full amount of points available at the time of booking.
- 15,000 Wyndham points per bedroom, per night. 13,500 Wyndham points per bedroom, per night if you have Barclays Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Credit Card.
- Minimum nights are required and vary by the property.
- Taxes and fees are all included when you book Vacasa using Wyndham Rewards points.
How to Book Vacasa Using Wyndham Rewards Points?
Currently, it’s not possible to redeem Wyndham Rewards points for Vacasa online. However, you can search for availability online and then have Wyndham Rewards agent book for you using your Wyndham points.
There are a couple ways to do this:
- Call Wyndham Rewards line to book.
- Email Wyndham Rewards Fulfillment center to book. (UPDATE: As of September 2021, the email method no longer works. You can still email them, but they will simply reply and tell you to call instead).
Here’s what you’d do:
- Go directly to Vacasa Website and input your search parameters.
- On the search result page, you can filter through the result based on your preferences.
- Keep in mind that 1 bedroom requires 15,000 Wyndham points or 13,500 Wyndham points if you have Barclays Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Credit Card.
Once you know which Vacasa property or unit you want to book, you contact Wyndham Rewards customer service to use your Wyndham points to book.
Call to Book Option:
- You can call Wyndham Rewards number for Vacasa booking at 1-800-441-1034.
- When the agent is on the line, provide your Wyndham Rewards number to the agent and let him/her know the reason for your calling.
- The agent then will proceed with checking availability and making a Vacasa reservation for you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email from Wyndham Rewards.
- Finally, you will receive a reservation confirmation email from Vacasa. Click on View Your Trip as you are required to sign your rental agreement to finalize your reservation and receive check-in details. See the image below.
Email to Book Option:
UPDATE: As of September 2021, the email method no longer works. You can still email them, but they will simply reply and tell you to call instead.
If you do not want to call, you can email the Wyndham Fulfillment center at [email protected]
Hello, could you please help me book the following Vacasa property using my Wyndham Rewards points?
Unit Number/Listing Number:
Number of Adults:
Number of Children:
Number of Bedrooms:
Within 24 hours of your email’s request, you should receive a response from the Wyndham Rewards Fulfillment center verifying the availability, cancellation policy, and total points needed to book. If you still wish to continue, you simply reply back and ask them to proceed with the booking.
- Lastly, you will receive a final confirmation email about your successful Vacasa booking using your Wyndham Rewards points.
- Click on View Your Trip in the email as you are required to sign your rental agreement to finalize your reservation and receive check-in details. See the image below.
Please note that Vacasa and Wyndham systems are not fully integrated. If you wish to view your confirmed Vacasa reservation online, you’ll have to create an account with Vacasa directly.
Vacasa Cancellation Policy
Vacasa does have a 30 day before arrival cancellation policy. If you either book or cancel within the 30 days window, you will not be able to cancel the reservation and receive your Wyndham points back.