"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
I just learned a new thing about Marriott Bonvoy reservations today. Did you know you can transfer an existing active Marriott reservation to another Marriott Bonvoy member’s account? This is helpful in a situation where another Marriott Bonvoy member is trying to earn additional elite night credits, bonus points, targeted promotions, etc., and you want to keep the rate on the active reservation the same as you booked it in case the rate now becomes more expensive or the room is no longer available for booking.
|JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Transferring A Marriott Reservation To Another Marriott Bonvoy Member
Why Transfering A Marriott Reservation To Another Marriott Bonvoy Member?
- The room rate that was booked now becomes more expensive, and you want to keep the same inexpensive rate for the other Marriott Bonvoy member.
- The room type is no longer available, or the property sold out all available rooms.
- Another Marriott member is trying to earn elite night credits to reach the next elite status level.
- Another Marriott member’s account has a much better-targeted promotion to earn extra bonus points or a free night.
- Another Marriott member now has higher elite status than you to receive on-property elite benefits.
How to Transfer A Marriott Reservation to Another Marriott Bonvoy Member?
- Call Marriott Bonvoy Worldwide Telephone Reservations.
- Choose the option to change the reservation.
- When an agent gets on the line, let him/her know the reason for your calling.
- The agent will ask for your and another Marriott Bonvoy account number (so have those ready) and which future reservation you want to transfer.
- The agent reviews the reservation to see if it’s an eligible reservation to honor your request. If so, the agent will proceed to modify that reservation with the following process:
- First, you may receive an email about the reservation containing the Additional Guest name.
- Second, the agent had to place you on hold and reached out to their MyAssist Desk to move the reservation to another Marriott Bonvoy member’s account.
- Finally, the reservation appeared under the other Marriott Bonvoy member account’s My Trips section with their name and Marriott Bonvoy account number. Meanwhile, the reservation was also removed from the My Trips section within your Marriott Bonvoy account.