"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
International travels are re-opening, and Tahiti, the main island of French Polynesia that connects you to those stunning Overwater Bungalows in Bora Bora has been opening for quite some time now. The French Polynesia government has made adjustments to its COVID-19 policy on a regular basis. Currently, whether you are vaccinated or not, all travelers who enter Tahiti, French Polynesia are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result.
|Le Méridien Bora Bora|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Tahiti COVID Test Entry Requirements for Vacinnated Travelers
- Vaccinated travelers are not required to quarantine.
- Children under the age of 18 can travel freely with a vaccinated parent or legal guardian.
- Provide proof of vaccination document.
- Complete required ETIS application form 30-6 days before departure.
- Provide A negative COVID RT-PCR test result performed less than 72 hours before departure or an Antigen test allowing the detection of the “N” protein of the SARS-CoV-2 performed less than 48h before departure. I’ll walk you through below how to get a quick and approved antigen test result.
- Compete and print a copy of the Swon Statement.
- Pay a 5,000 XPF (~$50) fee for health monitoring costs if you are vaccinated age 12 and older. Unvaccinated travelers pay a 120,000 XPF (~$120) fee.
- Children under 6 years old are exempted from this requirement.
- Conduct RT-PCR self-test on arrival.
Tahiti Accepted COVID Test Results
- COVID RT-PCR test result performed less than 72 hours before departure.
- Antigen test allowing the detection of the “N” protein of the SARS-CoV-2 performed less than 48h before departure.
- Home Testing
- Rapid Tests of any kind (other than the accepted Antigen Test mentioned above)
- Rapid RT-PCR tests such as the Abbott ID NOW
How to Get COVID Test For Traveling to Tahiti and Bora Bora in French Polynesia
|Photo Credit: ClarityMV|
- Step 1: You must be fully vaccinated.
- Step 2: Check your flight information. Note down when you leave for Tahiti such as the date and time.
- Step 3: Do your math and figure out what is 48 hours before your departure time that was noted above. This guide focuses on the antigen test that allows for the detection of the “N” protein of the SARS-CoV-2 that offers the quickest result performed at the ClarityMV LAX.
- It’s worth noting that the RT-PCR test result is also accepted and need to be performed less than 72 hours before departure, but this guide is not for that type of test.
- Step 4: Once you know the necessary date and time of your flight, it is important to schedule your COVID Antigen test with ClarityMV that’s located at the LAX airport. They do not take walk-in appointments.
- ClarityMV’s Antigen test costs $80.
- First-time users must register to schedule an appointment here. After successfully scheduling your COVID test appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with a reservation code.
- ClarityMV’s antigen test turnaround time is 1 hour. If you are not based in LA, plan accordingly to either have a long layover or pay for a hotel near the airport 1 day before your scheduled departure.
- Step 5: Make all the travel arrangements to make sure you will be at the ClarityMV test center on time. Here’s ClarityMV’s location and operating hours:
- Tom Bradley International Terminal: Antigen Test 7am – 7pm
- Terminal 6: Antigen Test 9am – 5pm
- Step 6: Register and complete the ETIS platform online here within 30-6 days before departure. You’ll receive a QR code after successfully completing the ETIS.
- You will need all your details, flight, and hotel information for all traveling that you will be doing when in French Polynesia including island-hopping. Just follow the steps on the form.
- As a fully vaccinated traveler, you will also be required to pay a 5,000 XPF (~$50) fee for health monitoring costs as well.
- Step 7: Complete the Swon Statement about your health and make sure to print it out to take with you. There’s no deadline that you need to complete this, so just fill it out, print it, then sign and date it 1 day before your departure should be fine.
- Step 8: Show up for your COVID antigen test at the ClarityMV LAX with a valid form of ID or your passport along with the reservation code that you received via email in Step 4.
- Step 9: Wait to receive your antigen test result in 1 hour after taking the test. Your test result document will look like the following sample document.
|Photo Credit: ClarityMV|
- Step 10: Check-in at the airline counter for your flight to Tahiti. The airline agent will ask you for the negative COVID-test results and ETIS QR Code etc. that you have completed so far.
- Step 11: Enjoy your vacation in Tahiti!
Tahiti COVID Test Arrival Requirements
- A completely filled-out Visitor Card that is handed out to you in flight.
- The ETIS QR Code.
- You will also be given a self-test kit on arrival. According to the Tahiti Tourism:
- “All travelers (from 6 years old) must undergo an RT-PCR self-test upon arrival, regardless of their vaccination status.”
- “The test can be performed under the supervision of a health professional in a dedicated area at the airport from 5am and 10am. Outside of these opening hours, travelers must take their test on the day of their arrival and leave it at their hotel reception in Tahiti and Moorea or directly in one of the drop-off locations.”
- You will then be directed to go through the normal immigration process and be on your way out to enjoy paradise!
Returning to the United States
- Monday to Thursday – 7:30AM to 8:00PM
- Friday – 7:30AM to 3:00PM
- Saturday – 7:30AM to 12:00PM and then from 3:00PM to 8:00PM
- Closed on Sunday
- The Best Ways to Fly to Tahiti With Miles & Points
- Best Bora Bora Luxury Overwater Bungalow Resorts You Can Book For Free With Points
- The Best Way to Take A Ferry From Tahiti to Moorea & 2 Best Resorts in Moorea
- Your Guide to Booking Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa With Points, Overwater Bungalow Upgrade Fees And Benefits For Hilton Honors Diamond Elite Members
- More French Polynesia Articles