"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Alaska Airlines Credit Card is one of the preferred airline credit cards among travelers who frequent Alaska Airlines. The annual Alaska Airlines Companion Fare discount and free checked bags are the most famous benefits that make the card worth keeping each year despite the $95 annual fee.
|Photo Credit: Bank of America|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Alaska Airlines Credit Card Benefits
Can You Downgrade Your Alaska Airlines Credit Card?
Can You Product Change Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card?
How to Product Change Alaska Airlines Credit Card?
- Pick up your phone and call the phone numbers on the back of your Alaska Airlines Credit Card.
- Let the agent know you want to change your Alaska Airlines Credit Card to another Bank of America credit card with no annual fee.
- It helps to know beforehand which Bank of America credit card you want to product change to.
- If the agent tells you that you cannot product change your Alaska card or their system does not allow them to, simply hang up and call again.
- The agent will proceed with your request by reading all the disclosed information and asking for your verbal approval to proceed.
How Soon to Product Change Alaska Airlines Credit Card?
- October 3: Called and requested to change Alaska Airlines Credit Card to Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- I was told that the conversion request can take up to October 25.
- The minimum payment is due for the annual fee balance on October 22.
- October 12: I scheduled the $25 minimum payment to be paid on the October 22 due date. The conversion is still not completed.
- October 13: I logged into my Bank of America account and noticed the new Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card account.
- Therefore, my Alaska Airlines Credit Card was successfully converted to the Customized Cash Rewards credit card sooner than October 25.
Should You Product Change or Downgrade Your Alaska Airlines Credit Card?
- How long have you had an Alaska Airlines Credit Card
- Eligibility for the sign-up bonus offer again
Which Bank of America Card Should You Downgrade Alaska Airlines To?
- The card has no annual fee
- The card offers a good return on purchases
- 3% cash back in the category of your choice, 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (on the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter), and 1% cash back on all other purchases Calculate rewards
- Your choice categories include gas & EV charging stations, online shopping, cable, streaming, Internet, dining, travel, drug stores, or home improvement/furnishings.
- Preferred Rewards members earn 25%-75% more cash back on every purchase. That means the 3% choice category could go up to 5.25%. The 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs could go up to 3.5% for the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter, and the 1% for all other purchases could go up to 1.75%.