"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Alila Ventana Big Sur is one of the popular all-inclusive resorts in California in the World of Hyatt program. The resort makes your World of Hyatt points go much further when your free night’s redemption covers the room rate and all meals and drinks throughout the day.
|Photo Credit: Alila Ventana Big Sur|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Ventana Big Sur All-Inclusive
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Dessert.
- Non-alcoholic beverages.
- Alcoholic beverages such as beers, wines, and cocktails are not included.
- In-room service 24 hours a day.
- Complimentary mini-bar featuring healthy snacks, reusable water bottles, assorted beverages, and sweet offerings.
- Complimentary Signature Experiences activities include:
- Tai Chi
- Property Hike
- Takes place daily at 10 a.m.
- Take place at Social House. Nightly from 8–10 p.m.
Ventana Big Sur Adults-Only, Clothing Optional
- Alila Big Sur is an adults-only resort. So you must be at least 18 years old to stay at the resort.
- The only clothing-optional part applies to the Mountain Pool close to the Japanese baths.
- A word of caution here: Some rooms are close to or have views of the Mountain Pool. So if that bothers you, you may want to request a different room.
Closest Airport to Ventana Big Sur
- Monterey Peninsula Airport (MRY) is a 1-hour drive to/from the resort.
- San Jose International Airport (SJC) is a 2-hours drive to/from the resort.
- Oakland International Airport (OAK) is a 2 and half hours drive to/from the resort.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is a 2 and half hours drive to/from the resort, and it can take up to a 3-hour drive with traffics.
Should you rent a car?
- If you arrive at the property starting at 11 p.m. on the day of your check-in, you can enjoy lunch at the property, and it’s included.
- You can enjoy the amenities such as swimming pools, etc., while waiting for your room to be ready.
- Having elite status with World of Hyatt will make it easier to get an early check-in.
- Breakfast is included
- Lunch is also included, even after you check-out at 11 a.m.
- Fitness & Wellness
- Excursion Outpost
Dining Reservations & Ventana Big Sur Menu
- Call 831-667-2331
- Email [email protected]
- Fill out the form via the link provided in the welcome email mentioned above.
- You do not need to wait 12 days to receive the welcome email that includes the link. You can always contact the resort, and they will be happy to send you the information before that.
- You will go through a series of questions about your personal preferences to personalize your stay at the resort, such as accompanying guest name, housekeeping requests, food allergies, traveling with pets, preferred dinner reservation times, etc.
- After submitting the form, you will receive emails confirming your dinner reservation times during your stays. If provided times do not work for you, you can reply to the email and ask the concierge to modify them, or respond to the email and ask for outdoor seatings if you’d like.
- Breakfast from 7 – 11 a.m.
- Poolside from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dinner from 5 – 9 p.m.
- Ventana Big Sur Menu
- Redwood Cathedral seating (in the redwood forest) is available at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Sur Vista seating (overlooking the Pacific Ocean) is available at noon and 2:30 p.m.
- Picnic menu kits are $100 and will include a meal for two.
Ventana Big Sur Experiences
- Alila Experiences
- Fitness and Wellness
- Pools and Bathhouses
- Signature Experiences
- Tai Chi
- Guided Property Hike
- Takes place daily at 10 a.m. from the lobby each morning.
- It is a 1.3-mile loop that goes through redwoods and local flora around the Ventana property.
- Take place at Social House. Nightly from 8 – 10 p.m.
- S’mores package includes a gourmet packaged version from a pastry chef or a nostalgic version ready to roast on an open fire.
- More information about Signature Experiences
Complimentary Fitness Classes
- The fitness center is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- If you prefer to exercise outdoor, there are two stationary bikes on the outdoor deck on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Complimentary fitness classes are also included with your stays:
- Fitness classes are only available on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- Water Aerobics at 2 p.m.
- Barre Strength at 3 p.m.
- Full Body Stretch and Balance at 4 p.m.
Pools & Japanese Baths
- The Meadow Pool and large infinity-edge hot tub offer panoramic Pacific ocean views.
- The Mountain Pool is secluded and surrounded by trees, and it is a clothing-optional pool.
- The Japanese baths are adjacent to the Mountain Pool, and the water is heated to 104 degrees year-round.
- The Japanese baths usage will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There are no reservations needed to enjoy the pools and Japanese baths currently.
- More information about Pools and Bathhouses
- The pet fee is $150 per dog, with a maximum of two dogs.
- The fee includes a dog bed and water bowl in your room.
- A dog food menu is also available.
How to contact Ventana Big Sur?
Hyatt’s Globalist Benefits at Alila Ventana Big Sur
Can you use Suite Night Awards at Alila Ventana Big Sur?
Alila Ventana Big Sur Hyatt Points & Award Availability
Between 25,000 and 35,000 World of Hyatt points per night seems a lot of points to spend, but keep in mind that all meals and non-alcoholic beverages are included in each of your free night stay as well. Therefore, it makes this resort one of the best ways to redeem Hyatt points among World of Hyatt members. This also means that award availability can be challenging to get. However, it is not entirely impossible if you plan ahead of time and are willing to travel during off-peak season.
- Plan in advance: Hyatt’s booking window is open 395 days or 13 months in advance, including award bookings.
- Go for the off-peak: Ventana Big Sur award availability seems easier to get if you go during California’s rainy season, which falls between December and March. Weather can be unpredictable, so you may get a sunny day during your stay.
- Off-peak dates also mean you will only need 25,000 World of Hyatt points for a free night’s redemption determined by Hyatt.
- Use Hyatt points calendar: While you cannot tell award availability using the new Hyatt’s points calendar, you can use the tool to determine which dates are Hyatt’s peak and off-peak for stays at the Alila Ventana Big Sur.
- Use Hyatt Category 1-7 Free Night Award: Such award can be earned when you reach Globalist status and have stayed 60 nights Hyatt Milestone Reward.