"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- 05/19/2022 – The CLEAR membership fee increased from $179 to $189, and Amex Platinum Card CLEAR statement credit benefit is also increased to $189 to cover the new increased CLEAR membership fee. Discounted CLEAR membership fees through airline partners remain unchanged.
The consumer American Express Platinum Card and American Express Business Platinum Card offer $189 CLEAR statement credit per calendar year. That’s enough to cover the annual CLEAR membership fee for one person.
|Photo Credit: CLEAR|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
How Does Amex CLEAR Statement Credits Work
- Enrollment with American Express is not required for this benefit.
- The benefit is available to you as long as you remain a card member.
- The benefit is per calendar year (January – December).
- To use the $189 CLEAR statement credit:
- Simply pay for the CLEAR membership fee with your eligible American Express Platinum Card.
- Once the purchase is posted to your card’s account, American Express will issue a statement credit reimbursement of up to $189 into your account. In other words, you do not need to spend $189 on one transaction.
Maximizing Amex $189 CLEAR Statement Credits
Use the Credit For CLEAR Membership With 3 Months Free Trial
- Direct Link to Join CLEAR With 3 Months Free
- Be sure to use your Platinum Card on the signup form. You will be charged the $189 membership after your 3 months free trial period.
Use the Credit For 1 CLEAR Membership
- Direct Link to Join CLEAR
- Pay $189 for CLEAR membership using your Amex Platinum Card.
Use the Credit For CLEAR Membership Renewal
Use the Credit For 2 CLEAR Memberships
- Join CLEAR as a primary member using Delta or United airlines offer link below. You only need to pay $119 for CLEAR membership if you do not have any elite status with either airline.
- Pay $119 for CLEAR membership with your Amex Platinum Card.
- Once you are a CLEAR member:
- Log into your CLEAR account and select Add a family member.
- Children under 18 can go through the CLEAR lane for free when accompanied by a CLEAR family member.
- Pay the $60 membership fee for your family member with your Platinum Card.
- This will bring your total to $179 for 2 CLEAR memberships, and you’ll be reimbursed by American Express once both charges are posted to your Amex account.
Can you use Amex CLEAR credit for someone else?
- Students can receive CLEAR membership for only $50 per year for up to 4 years. Must have a valid school email address and a student ID.
- Get a 3-month free CLEAR membership trial that includes family.
- Discounts for select credit card members:
- American Express Delta Air Lines Credit Cards members pay $109 per year for CLEAR membership.
- United Airlines Credit Cards members pay $109 per year for CLEAR membership.
- [Expired] $100 United TravelBank Cash
- The first 50,000 MileagePlus members who sign up for CLEAR will earn $100 in United TravelBank cash and unlock your special CLEAR membership rate.
- The offer ends on February 9, 2022.
- Direct Link to the Offer
- [Expired] 15,000 Bonus MileagePlus Miles:
- Valid for new sign-up members that have United MileagePlus Premier status only.
- Pay $109 per year for CLEAR membership.
- The offer ends on April 1, 2022.
- Must sign-up through the dedicated promotion page below.
- Direct Link to the Offer