"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
The current World of Hyatt credit card issued by Chase has an annual fee of $95. Every card member’s anniversary, you receive one Category 1-4 free night award certificate that’s valid for 1 year from the date of issuance by just keeping the card and paying the annual fee. The free night itself can outweigh the $95 annual fee since the majority of Hyatt properties have nightly rate that’s much higher than $95.
Chase does not deposit the Hyatt credit card’s free night award certificate as fast as they do with the Marriott or Ritz-Carlton credit card’s free night certificate, but it is certainly much faster than how long it takes American Express to deposit their Marriott credit card’s free night certificate.
When Does World of Hyatt Credit Card Free Night Award Certificate Post?
It takes about 1 month for you to receive the free night award certificate in your Hyatt’s account. Let’s take a look at my personal experience and timeline:
- July 2: Opened the Hyatt credit card.
- August 1: Annual fee is posted.
- August 31: Free night award certificate is posted in Hyatt’s account.
How To Find Your World of Hyatt Free Night Award Certificate?
- Log into your Hyatt’s account.
- Click on your name on the top right hand corner and click on My Account.
- Click on My Awards and if you have any free night certificate, it will be listed under the Free nights section.
- Launch the World of Hyatt app.
- Sign in to your Hyatt’s account if you are not signed in.
- At the bottom right hand corner, click on Account.
- Click on Awards and you should see the Free Nights listed there if you have any.
How To Use Your Hyatt Free Night Award Certificate?
Will I lose my earned annual Hyatt free night certificate in my Hyatt’s account if I cancel my Hyatt’s credit card?
Best Uses of Hyatt Category 1-4 Free Night Award Certificate:
- Best Hyatt Category 4 Hotels in United States For Your Hyatt Free Night Certificate
- Best Hyatt Category 4 Properties For Free Night Certificate And Best Hyatt Properties To Book Now With Fewer Points When Hyatt Award Category Changes On March 18, 2019
- Best Hyatt Category 1 Hotels Around the World for 5,000 Points a Night
- Best Hyatt Category 2 Hotels and Resorts Around the World for 8,000 Points a Night