"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
One of the best ways to use Hilton Honors points is the ability to get the fifth (5th) night free when you redeem Hilton Honors points for an award stay of at least 5 consecutive nights. You’ll only need enough points for 4 nights because the 5th night is complimentary.
|The Beach at Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
How does Hilton Honors fifth (5th) night free benefit work?
If you have elite status with Hilton Honors program, only Hilton Honors Silver, Hilton Honors Gold and Hilton Honors Diamond elite members can receive 5th Night Free on points stays of five consecutive nights or more. Simply put, when you redeem Hilton points for any stay of 5 or more nights, your 5th night is free.
How does the 5th night free work with Hilton’s dynamic award stay?
- 3 nights at 40,000 Hilton Honors points during peak time.
- 2 nights at 30,000 Hilton Honors points during off-peak time.
- Total number of Hilton points required for this example is 180,000 Hilton Honors points (120,000 + 60,000).
- You would use that total divides by 5 to get an average points needed per night. So 180,000/5 = 36,000 Hilton Honors points per night.
- Your 5th night free discount is equivalent to that 36,000 Hilton points. This means that, you’ll need a total of 144,000 Hilton Honors to cover your entire 5 nights stay (180,000 – 36,000).