"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Disclaimer: I don’t earn any commission from the links nor I am affiliate with any credit card issuers below. Just love living points life by using points to elevate travel experiences.
- Earn 60,000 bonus IHG rewards points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase in the first three months from account opening.
- Earn IHG Rewards Club Gold Elite status when you spend $10,000 on purchases with the Traveler card each calendar year. IHG Gold Elite status comes with a few great benefits such as:
- Enjoy 10% Bonus Earnings on Top of Base Points.
- Reward nights count toward Elite status.
- Points don’t expire.
- Priority check-in and welcome amenity.
- Extended check-out time.
- At participating hotels & restaurants, members will receive a Raid the Mini Bar card at the hotels with non-participating restaurants.
- $30 In-Room Spa Credit (Available only at participating hotels. Exact dollar credit may vary by hotel).
- Save 5 Cents per Gallon with the Fuel Rewards Program (U.S. only).
- 1 Free Amazon Kindle eBooks per Quarter.
- More information on IHG Gold Elite Status Benefit
Bonus Points Earning
- 5x points per $1 spent on purchases at IHG hotels and resorts.
- 2x points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations.
- 2x points per $1 spent at grocery stores.
- 2x points per $1 spent at gas stations.
- 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Annual fee is $29, not waived the first year.
- No Annual Free Night Anniversary.
- Free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights. Points + cash are excluded.
- Save 20% when you purchase points with your IHG Rewards Club Premier credit card. Keep in mind that this benefit cannot be used when IHG has sales on points purchase.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- The old IHG credit card member can apply for this new IHG Traveler credit card and if approved is also eligible for the new sign-up bonus.
- Benefits can be stacked with the old IHG credit card’s benefits as well such as 10% return on reward nights redemption.
- Also read the Master List of Credit Card Issuers Rules and Application Time
Overall, the IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card is a pretty weak credit card by itself. Forget about the 20% saving on IHG points purchase. The saving cannot be used when IHG has sales on points purchase. You will do much better by just purchase IHG points when IHG has sales such as 100% bonus.