Advertiser Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!
Disclaimer: I don’t earn any commission from the links nor I am affiliate with any credit card issuers below. Just love living points life by using points to elevate travel experiences.
This year, Chase decided to discontinue their IHG credit card that has an annual fee of $49. They came up with a *supposedly* new and improved IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card that offers a sign-up bonus up to 85,000 bonus IHG rewards points and a couple new benefits that are worth considering. The annual fee is $89.
- Application Link – The application link to Chase website is not the best offer though. Currently, the best offer includes the same sign-up bonus points up to 85,000 IHG points + $50 statement credit. To receive that offer, simply make a dummy reservation on IHG website and before you finalize the reservation on the final page, you should be able to see the offer that includes the $50 statement credit.
- Earn 80,000 bonus IHG rewards points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase in the first three months from account opening.
- Upgraded to IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite status for as long as you remain a cardmember. IHG Platinum Elite status comes with a few great benefits such as:
- Enjoy 50% bonus points on top of your base points.
- Elite rollover nights and Reward nights count toward Elite status.
- Points don’t expire.
- Complimentary room upgrades.
- Priority check-in and welcome amenity.
- Extended check-out time.
- At participating hotels & restaurants, members will receive a Raid the Mini Bar card at the hotels with non-participating restaurants.
- $30 In-Room Spa Credit (Available only at participating hotels. Exact dollar credit may vary by hotel).
- Save 6 Cents per Gallon with the Fuel Rewards Program (U.S. only).
- 2 Free Amazon Kindle eBooks per Quarter.
- More information on IHG Platinum Elite Status Benefit
Bonus Points Earning
- 10x points per $1 spent on purchases at IHG hotels and resorts.
- 2x points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations.
- 2x points per $1 spent at grocery stores.
- 2x points per $1 spent at gas stations.
- 1x point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Anniversary Year Free Night & 10,000 Bonus Points
- Annual fee is $89, not waived the first year.
- Receive a Free night that is capped at 40,000 IHG points worldwide IHG properties after each account anniversary year. IHG also has the list of properties that you cannot use the Free night at. List Here.
- Earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.
- Free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights. Points + cash are excluded.
- Save 20% when you purchase points with your IHG Rewards Club Premier credit card. Keep in mind that this benefit cannot be used when IHG has sales on points purchase.
- $100 Global Entry credit.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Travel & purchase coverage.
- The old IHG credit card member can apply for this new IHG Premier credit card and if approved is also eligible for the new sign-up bonus.
- Benefits can be stacked with the old IHG credit card’s benefits as well such as 10% return on reward nights redemption.
- Also read the Master List of Credit Card Issuers Rules and Application Time