"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- A few readers reached out to me and said that their Hertz accounts are not updated to President’s Circle status after enrolling through the Capital One site after waiting over 72 hours. My experience yielded the same result, so I reached out to Hertz and provided an additional method to successfully enroll in President’s Circle elite status with Hertz. See the update below under the How to section.
With the loss of the partnership between United and Hertz, you will no longer receive the Hertz President’s Circle status through the Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card. However, the recently launched Capital One Venture X Credit Card offers an automatic complimentary Hertz President’s Circle elite status for cardmembers.
|Photo Credit: Capital One & Hertz|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
What is Hertz President’s Circle
How to Earn Hertz President’s Circle Status
- Rent 20 times (15 for 2021 due to COVID-19) Or,
- Spend $4,000 ($3,000 for 2021 due to COVID-19)
- Avis President’s Club
- Avis Preferred Plus above 25 rentals
- Enterprise Plus Platinum
- National Executive Elite
- Europcar Privilege Elite
- Direct Link to Request Hertz Status Match
What are the Hertz President’s Circle Benefits
- Skip the rental counter and go straight to your car with e-return.
- Receive confirmed guaranteed one-car-class upgrades at participating locations.
- Earn 50% bonus on Gold Plus Rewards points on all qualified rentals.
- Access to dedicated customer service phone number at 1-888-444-8600.
- Enjoy the freedom to choose any vehicle in the President’s Circle section of the Hertz Ultimate Choice at select locations. You can view participating locations here.
- Free additional driver.
President’s Circle Status For Venture X Card’s Authorized Users
How to Enroll in Hertz President’s Circle Elite Status With Capital One Venture X Credit Card
- You can text Hertz at 1-855-800-2166.
- Let them know that you want to enroll in Hertz President’s Circle through Capital One Venture X Credit Card benefit. If you already enrolled but still do not see your status updated, let them know that too.
- Follow the text message prompts to answer any Hertz agent’s questions. They are very slow in replying, though. So please be patient, but they will respond.
- All is said and done, the agent texted me that:
- “I have manually upgraded the account to President’s Circle.”
- I logged into my Hertz account online, and sure enough, my status now shows President’s Circle status.
- Sign in to your Capital One account online or the Capital One mobile app.
- Select your Capital One Venture X credit card.
- Click on the Redeem button.
- Click on the Benefits tab.
- Click on the Hertz Presidential’s Circle Status benefit tile.
- Click on Learn More in the popup window.
- A new page window will open. Follow the screen to directly enroll in and request an upgrade to Hertz President’s Circle status with your existing Hertz Gold Plus Rewards account. See the screenshot below.
- If you never had a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards account before, click on the Enroll and get President’s Circle status link on the webpage. Follow the prompts to enroll in the program and upgrade to Hertz President’s Circle status accordingly.
- The process to request Hertz President’s Circle status for the Venture X credit card’s authorized user is the same.
- After successful enrollment, allow 24-72 hours for President’s Circle status to be applied to your Hertz account.
|Enrolling in Hertz President’s Circle Elite Status
Capital One Venture X Credit Card