"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Hyatt Globalist members can receive complimentary room upgrades up to a Standard Suite. Globalists also receive up to four (4) Suite Upgrade Awards as part of the Hyatt Milestone Reward. World of Hyatt members who earn fifty (50) elite qualifying nights can receive two (2) Suite Upgrade Awards and then another two (2) Suite Upgrade Awards after earning sixty (60) elite qualifying nights in a calendar year.
Globalist’s complimentary Standard Suite upgrade is always subject to availability. In other words, if you are staying at a popular Hyatt property, chances are you may not get the upgrade. On the other hand, using the Suite Upgrade Awards will guarantee the upgrade. For those who are not Globalists, you can receive two (2) Suite Night Upgrade Awards if you stay fifty elite qualifying nights, or you can redeem World of Hyatt points and book into the Suite room.
Best Hyatt Suites For Suite Upgrade Awards
Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas
The standard suite at Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas is a One-Bedroom Suite with Ocean View. So you can expect magnificent views of California’s Pacific Ocean. The suite also features a master bedroom with an oversized bathroom, a pull-out sleeping sofa in the living room, and a private balcony.
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
The standard suite at Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa is a spacious suite with a separate bedroom, a huge living room connected to the dining room, and a private lanai or walkout patio for the ground suites.
I stayed at the resort as a Globalist, but I used one Suite Night Upgrade Award to secure the suite upgrade for my 5-night stay because it is a popular Hawaii resort. The suite was so worth using the upgrade award for. You can read a detailed review here.
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa is another popular Hawaii resort among the World of Hyatt members. The standard suite is the Ocean View Suite. The suite is in the Lahaina Tower and has multiple private lanais for ocean views, as the suite name suggests.
Grand Hyatt Washington
The Grand Hyatt Washington in DC is not only one of the best uses of your category 1-4 Hyatt Free Night Award, but its standard Grand Suite is also a good use of your Suite Night Upgrade Awards. The Grand Suite is so Grand with so much room and space. Staying in one of those suites is like living in a residence.
I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Washington and received a complimentary upgrade to the Grand Suite for being a Globalist. You can check out the review and how I requested to get the complimentary upgrade.
Park Hyatt Zanzibar
Park Hyatt Zanzibar is one of the most aspiring Hyatt properties, and therefore, you can expect luxurious amenities and unobstructed ocean views from its standard Park Suite King. The suite features floor-to-ceiling windows in both the living room and bedroom and has a private terrace.
Park Hyatt Dubai
Park Hyatt Dubai has two types of standard suites: Park Suite and Park Terrace Suite. Between the two, I would pick the suite with the terrace. Moreover, the 1,130-square-foot suite is elegant, and the terrace has comfortable lounge chairs to enjoy Dubai sunshine, fantastic water views, and the city skyline.
Park Hyatt Siem Reap
Parky Hyatt Siem Reap is one of the best low-category Park Hyatt hotels for redemption in Asia. Its standard suite, the Park Suite King, features a separate individual living room with elegant Cambodian-style hardwood flooring throughout and a master bedroom with an ensuite marble bathroom.
Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa
The Regency Suite at Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa is the standard suite with one bedroom and a private balcony for ocean or garden views. One highlight of this Regency Suite is the exclusive access to the resort’s private swimming pool that’s part of the Regency Club.
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort’s standard suite is not your typical one-bedroom suite but a Two-bedroom Regency Suite. The suite features one king and one twin bedroom, perfect for the family. Everything about this standard suite is enormous – a spacious living room and a large balcony with sweeping ocean and beach views.
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur offers the Grand Suite with a magnificent view of city skylines. The suite itself is beautifully decorated with luxurious amenities.
Andaz Singapore is one of the best Hyatt hotels in Singapore. The Andaz Suite is absolutely gorgeous and luxurious. The corner views of Singapore skylines and Marina Bay from the suite’s large windows are to die for both during daytime and at night. Moreover, you’ll have a lot of space and rooms to explore inside the spacious suite.
Hyatt Regency Guam
The Regency Suite at Hyatt Regency Guam is one of the biggest Regency Suites I’ve stayed at. The suite has a double balcony looking out at the famous Tumon Bay and the resort’s swimming pool complex. The suite also features a separate living room, a bedroom, a makeup desk, an oversized walk-in closet, and a huge bathroom. You can look at the photos in my detailed review here.
Guide to Hyatt Suite Upgrade Awards
Complimentary Hyatt Suite Upgrade For Globalist
World of Hyatt has the best top-tier elite recognition and benefits, including complimentary preferred room upgrades up to a standard suite. However, complimentary upgrades are always based on availability, and you won’t know until 24 to 48 hours before check-in. You typically can see the upgrade on your reservation in Hyatt’s mobile app, but if you don’t, you can reach out to the property and inquire about the possible upgrades. To clarify, all complimentary upgrades are subject to availability, even for Globalists.
Therefore, the complimentary standard suite upgrade for Globalists is not a guaranteed benefit. To secure a suite upgrade, you will need to use the Suite Night Upgrade Awards. Unlike the Marriott Nightly Upgrade Awards, you can use the Hyatt Suite Night Award to book a suite far in advance.
How to Get Hyatt Suite Upgrade Awards
You can earn Hyatt Suite Upgrade Awards through the following:
- You receive two (2) suite upgrade awards when you stay or earn fifty (50) elite qualifying nights or 80,000 base points in a calendar year.
- Receive additional two (2) suite upgrade awards when you stay or earn sixty (60) elite qualifying nights or 100,000 base points in a calendar year.
- You can receive an additional one suite upgrade award each when you reach seventy (70), eighty (80), ninety (90), and one hundred (100) elite qualifying nights.
Therefore, when you earn at least sixty (60) qualifying nights through stays or World of Hyatt Credit Cards, you qualify for Hyatt’s top-tier Globalist elite status and receive four (4) suite upgrade awards.
How to Use Hyatt Suite Upgrade Awards
- Each suite upgrade award is valid for a stay of up to seven (7) consecutive nights at one property.
- You can use suite upgrade awards on eligible cash rates, points, or points plus cash rates, but NOT Hyatt Free Night Award certificates.
- You can redeem the suite upgrade award as long as a standard suite is available for sale. The available suite type is displayed when you perform the search.
- Suite upgrade awards cannot be used at specific Hyatt properties.
- Go to the World of Hyatt program’s terms and search the page for Suite Award Ineligible Properties.
- Hyatt is in the process of making it possible to redeem suite upgrade awards online. In the meantime, the only way to use your suite upgrade award is to contact Hyatt.
- After you confirm the standard suite is available, contact Hyatt and let the agent know you would like to use a suite night award for a reservation.
- Please note that once the suite upgrade is confirmed, your reservation may remain the same with the same room type. However, rest assured that the upgrade is blocked for you in the back end. Sometimes, you may see that in the reservation’s note section.
- You can cancel suite upgarde awards at any time before arrival by contacting Hyatt, and the award will return to your World of Hyatt account.
How to Use Hyatt Points for Suite Upgrade
Alternatively, you can also use World of Hyatt points to redeem for the suite upgrade. The process to do that can be done online, and you have the option to use your points for not just the Standard Suite but also Premium Suites that are available for redemption.
Perform the following steps to use Hyatt points for suite upgrade online:
- Search for a Hyatt property that you want to stay at by making sure the Use Points box is checked.
- On the result page, you should see the amount of points required for a suite if it is available for redemption. See the screenshot below.
- Then, follow the booking sequences to reserve the suite using Hyatt points.
Lastly, using Hyatt points for suite upgrades is based on the category of the Hyatt property: