"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
First, I want to sincerely say thank you for your service to all active duty military service members and veterans out there.
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Acquiring A Credit Card Before Vs. During Active Duty Military Service
Amex Military Card Benefits
- Waived card’s annual fees
- Waived other fees such as late payments, returned payments, and over-limit fees
- Capped 6% interest rates for cards acquired before the active duty service. This does not apply to cards acquired during active duty service.
- The benefits apply to both Amex Charge and Credit cards
- Personal Amex cards only
How to Waive Amex Fees For Military
- Amex Website:
- Log into your Amex account online and select the Amex card
- Click on the Account Services menu on the top
- Click on the Payment & Credit Options menu on the left
- Click on the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Benefits and follow the screen to complete your request.
- Contact Amex:
- Call Amex at 1-800-253-1720
- Fax active duty documents and Amex account(s) to 1-623-444-3000.
- Mail active duty documents and Amex account(s) information to
- American Express
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
P.O. Box 981535
El Paso, TX 79998-1535
Best Amex Cards For Military
Chase Military Credit Card Benefits
- Waived credit card annual fees
- Late payments and insufficient fund fees are NOT waived
- Capped 36% APR (Annual Percentage Rate)
- Personal credit cards only
How to Waive Chase Fees For Military
- Chase Website:
- Go to your Chase account online
- Find the Secured message from the Hamburger menu (3 lines menu) on the upper left, and click on it.
- Click on New message on the upper right.
- Under the options, what is this about? Select Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and read the information provided by Chase.
- Click on the send us a secure message link.
- Select Send a document from the drop-down list.
- Write out your request message, and attach supporting documents.
- Contact Chase
- Call Chase at 1-877-469-0110
- Mail supporting active duty documents with your written request to
- Attn: SCRA Request
P.O. Box 183240
Columbus, OH 43218-3240
Best Chase Credit Cards For Military
Citi Military Credit Card Benefits
- Citi waives all credit card fees, including annual fees and 0% interest rates for military members that acquired the card before active duty.
- Some Citi cardholders successfully request annual fees waived based on the MLA during active duty. This is a YMMV scenario, but worth trying.
- Personal Citi credit cards only.
How to Waive Citi Fees For Military
- Email [email protected] with supporting documents and your Citi account number(s) to request.
Best Citi Credit Cards For Military
Discover Military Credit Card Benefits
- Waived fees such as late payments and over-limit fees
- Capped 5.9% interest rate
- All Discover credit cards do not have annual fees
How to Waive Discover Fees For Military
- Discover Website:
- Go to the Discover website and sign in to your account online.
- Find the SCRA Benefits link under the Manage tab menu.
- Follow the page to request the benefits.
- Contact Discover:
- Call 1-844-337-4645
- Fax your active duty documents and account information to 1-224-813-5767
- Mail your request with your supporting active duty documents and account information to:
P.O. Box 30907
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0907