"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- Hulu No Ads price will increase on October 10, 2022, from $12.99 to $14.99 per month, and Hulu With Ads price will increase from $6.99 to $7.99 per month. Amex Platinum Card offers a $20 per month Digital Entertainment statement credit, which is still enough to cover the new increased Hulu no ads subscription price.
- The article has been updated to reflect the increased subscription cost that will begin on October 10, 2022.
American Express Platinum Cardoffers a $240 Digital Entertainment Credit per year, equivalent to $20 per month in statement credit. Eligible purchases with Amex Digital Entertainment Credit include a Hulu subscription service with or without ads. When you charge your monthly Hulu streaming subscription to your Platinum card, you will receive a statement credit to cover that charge up to $20 per month.
|Photo Credit: Hulu|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
How Does Amex Hulu Credit Work?
- American Express refers to Hulu credit benefit as Digital Entertainment Credit. The digital entertainment credit is a broad category term, but it does include Hulu as one of the eligible category purchases.
- The benefit is currently only available for card members of the American Express Platinum Card.
- Enrollment with American Express is Required before paying Hulu monthly subscription.
- The benefit is available to you as long as you remain a Platinum card member.
- The benefit is a monthly statement credit benefit for eligible streaming services such as Hulu of up to $20 per month.
- You can use the credit for Hulu that has ads ($7.99/month) or Hulu that has no ads ($14.99/month).
- You’ll get reimbursed by Amex up to $20 per month, and that’s enough to cover the Hulu no ads monthly subscription plan.
How to Get Free Hulu With Amex Platinum Card
- First, you must enroll in your Platinum Card with Amex Digitial Entertainment Credit (link here).
- Click on the Enroll Now button.
- You’ll be asked to log into your Amex account if you are not logged in to complete your enrollment.
- Go to the official Hulu website here.
- Click on the SIGN UP NOW button.
- Select the Hulu monthly subscription plan that you want. Remember that you can receive up to $20 monthly statement credits. That is enough to cover Hulu (no ads) plan.
- Hulu (No Ads) costs $14.99 per month.
- Hulu (With Ads) costs $7.99 per month.
- Create your account if you do not have Hulu before. Otherwise, you click on the LOG IN button in the right-hand corner.
- Follow the signup form to complete your purchase.
- Make sure you use your American Express Platinum Card to pay for it.
- Once the charge is posted to your card’s account, American Express will issue a statement credit reimbursement into your account. This process is automatically done by the American Express system.
How long does Amex Hulu statement credit take to post?
Can a Platinum card’s authorized user use the Amex Digitial Entertainment Credit benefit?
Eligible purchases made by both the Basic and any Additional Card Members are covered. However, statement credits for eligible purchases can’t exceed $20 on the Card Account per month, for a total of $240 per calendar year.
Does this benefit apply to existing Hulu subscribers?
- Go to the official Hulu website.
- Click on the LOG IN button in the right-hand corner and log in with your credentials.
- Click on Account under your profile name in the right-hand corner.
- Update your Payment Method to have your Hulu subscription bill charged to your American Express Platinum Card accordingly.
Can you use the credit for friends and family?
What happens to unused Amex Platinum’s Digital Entertainment Credit?
- The Disney Bundle
- The New York Times