Advertiser Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!
Wyndham Rewards Program has always been one of our favorite hotel’s rewards program. It has the simplest flat 15,000 points required per night for any Wyndham properties in the world. The great redemption is when you are able to book into one of their top tier properties, a huge suite most expensive room in the hotel, or their all-inclusive properties. Well, Wyndham finally announced today that starting April 3, 2019, the flat 15,000 points for any property will be going away. Wyndham has restructured their reward nights along with some changes to elite status points earning and changes that involve their latest acquisition and integration with La Quinta.
Wyndham Rewards Changes Staring April 3, 2019:
- Three reward night tiers: 7500, 15000 or 30000 points per night required based on the Wyndham property.
- Points and cash will also be three tiers: 1500, 3000 or 6000 points plus cash per night based on the Wyndham property. The cash portion is currently set to 65% of best available rate. It’s unknown at this point if that will change or not. However, unlike before the cash portion will also earn points.
- Introduces accelerate points earning for elite status GOLD and above:
- GOLD level members: 10% of base points
- PLATINUM level members: 15% of base points
- DIAMOND level members: 20% of base points
- Every member continues to receive 10 points per dollar spent on the room rate and is still guaranteed a minimum 1,000 points per eligible stay, whichever is higher. However, for GOLD and above elite members, the base points and the accelerate points earning will kick in before the guaranteed 1,000 points.
- What is guaranteed 1,000 points per stay? You pay a room rate for $50. You earn 500 Wyndham points and Wyndham adds another 500 points into your account for a total of 1,000 points.
- New ways to earn and redeem Wyndham points for Marathon gas, Viator tour activities, DoorDash food deliveries, and online shopping through WyndhamRewards.com
- La Quinta hotels will officially become a part of Wyndham Rewards.
- Manually transfer your La Quinta Returns points by March 31, 2019 to take advantage of a 1:1 ratio. After this time, Silver members will receive 1 Wyndham Rewards point for every 2 La Quinta Returns points. Other elite members will still receive 1 Wyndham Rewards point for every 1 La Quinta Returns points. The transfer after March 31st will be automatically done by Wyndham. See this post.