"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
For a limited time, the Capital One Venture X Credit Card is offering a $200 vacation rental credit on top of its big sign-up 100k bonus Capital One miles.
|VRBO in Telluride, Colorado|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
How Does Capital One Venture X Credit Card $200 Vacation Rental Credit Work?
- You applied and were approved for the Venture X card that contains the $200 vacation rental credit offer to be eligible for this benefit. This is a current limited-time offer in addition to the card’s welcome bonus.
- Unlike the Venture X card’s sign-up bonus miles that require minimum spending, you do not need to hit the minimum spend to earn the $200 vacation rental credit.
- The $200 vacation rental credit is available to you within your first year of being a cardholder.
- You can receive up to $200 back in statement credits for vacation rentals charged to your Venture X card account.
- You can make multiple qualifying purchases with your Venture X card. You do not have to spend $200 at once in one transaction. Once your qualifying purchase transaction is posted with Capital One, you will receive the statement credits within 1-7 business days.
- Capital One notifies you via email and issues the statement credit automatically. There’s no need to reach out to Capital One to apply the credit for eligible purchases.
- Enrollment for this benefit is NOT required.
Does Capital One’s $200 vacation rental credit expire?
Do you need to hit the minimum spend first to earn the $200 vacation rental credit?
How to Maximize $200 Capital One Venture X Card’s Vacation Rental Credit
Use the Credit For Vacation Rentals
Maximizing Vacation Rental Bookings Tip:
- I recommend that you use a Cashback Monitor that allows you to compare each portal to see who gives the most cash back for vacation rental bookings. For instance, If you do not have the cashback portal Rakuten account, you can join for free. If you join and spend $, you will receive an additional $ bonus. So if you spend $200 on a vacation rental booking, you will receive the $30 bonus plus any extra cashback.
- Currently, only Turneky and VRBO are offering cashback through cashback portals.
- For Airbnb, the only partnerships they have are Delta Air Lines and British Airways. You can make Airbnb bookings through Delta or BA to earn bonus miles on your stay.
Use the Credit For Apartment Rents
Just checked and the rent I paid last month with the card triggered the credit!! Thanks for the heads up
My apartment deposit and application fee triggered the Vacation Rental Credit.
Use the Credit For Vacation Timeshares
Use the Credit Via Booking.com
I booked a condo rental via Booking.com on 11/15. The condo charged me a $500 deposit. I wasn’t expecting the $200 credit since the rental was booked via Booking.com but on 11/18 I received notification that a $200 vacation credit was issued.
Use the Credit For Hotel Stays, Hotel Restaurants, and Hotel Expenses
I actually stayed at a Hyatt house and that triggered a credit. Not really answering the question but kind of interesting what all triggers the credit.
I got this after checking out from a 4 day hotel stay. This essentially reimbursed me an extra fee they added on at the end of my stay.
Stayed at Baymont Inn but reserved directly with them for sleep, Park, fly deal they gave me credit for that.
I ate at a hotel restaurant – did not stay at that hotel. I got credited for my $18 meal.
Based on the data points up to this point, If you are able to find a hotel where you can purchase a hotel gift card and the purchase is processed directly by the hotel, that purchase should trigger the Capital One $200 vacation rental credit.
What Happens to Refunded Credit?
If the credited vacation rental purchase is canceled, the statement credit may be removed from your account, though it can be reissued on any past or future vacation rental purchases up to $200.