"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
One of the best ways to use Marriott Bonvoy points is the ability to get the fifth (5th) night free when you redeem Marriott Bonvoy points for every 5 consecutive nights.
|The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
How does Marriott Bonvoy’s fifth (5th) night free benefit work?
Marriott Bonvoy program offers the 5th Night Free benefit that is automatically applied when you use Marriott points to redeem for five (5) consecutive nights at the same hotel/resort. You receive a free night for EVERY 5 consecutive nights you redeem with Marriott Bonvoy points. This means that:
- If you stay 5 nights on points, you’ll receive one free night.
- If you stay 10 nights on points, you’ll receive two free nights.
How does the 5th-night free work with Marriott peak & off-peak award pricing?
- If you stay 5 nights on points during peak, standard, and off-peak nights, the one free night will be the lowest point cost night of your entire 5 nights.
- If you stay 10 nights on points during peak, standard, and off-peak nights, you’ll receive two free nights that have the lowest point cost night of the entire 10 nights.
- Same thing with 15 nights, 20 nights, etc. your free nights will be the lowest point cost night of your entire stay.
- 2 nights at 60,000 points per night during the standard time – 120,000 points total.
- 3 nights at 50,000 points per night during the off-peak time – 150,000 points total.
- You’ll receive one night free that’s worth 50,000 points per night because that is the lowest point cost night of your entire 5-nights stay.
- So the total points come to 220,000 Marriott Bonvoy points required for the entire 5 nights (120,000 plus 150,000 minus 50,000). See the screenshot below.
Do you have to have enough points for 5 nights to use the 5th-night free benefit?
Can you use the 5th night free with points and cash booking?
Can you use Marriott’s free night certificate plus Marriott Bonvoy points on one reservation?
Can you combine Marriott’s free night certificate with the 5th-night free benefit on one reservation?
- Book an award stay that consists of at least 6 consecutive nights at the same Marriott hotel/resort.
- On the final booking page, under Select the reward you want to use, select one of your free certificates.
- Click on the Summary of Charges
- Your one e-certificate is used for one night.
- You receive one free night because of the 5th-night free benefit.
- You pay the rest of the points needed for 4 nights.