"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Maldives is an exotic place to visit. When people talk about Maldives, first thing that comes to their mind is all those overwater villas with plunge pool resorts. Those resorts can be very expensive but thanks to the reward points program, there are a few of those resort options that can be booked with points. Here they are:
|Photo Credit: Overwater Bungalow at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island|
Hilton does not have award chart anymore. However, the following Hilton Maldives properties are pretty consistently priced at the following points per night.
Please keep in mind too that Silver, Gold and Diamond elite Hilton members will receive every 5th night free on points stays of five consecutive nights or more. Hilton also does not charge any resort fees on award stays.
- SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton – 85,000 Hilton points per night. Sky Room with sea view and private terrace.
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island – 95,000 Hilton points per night. Beach Villa Or Water Villa.
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi – 120,000 Hilton points per night. Beach Villa with Pool.
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group)
If you have an eligible Chase IHG credit card Chase IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card ($29 annual fee) or the Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card ($89 annual fee), you will receive 4th night free on points stays of 4 consecutive nights or more. Also, if you have the discontinued old IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card ($49 annual fee), you also receive the 10% rebate on points stays.
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives – 45,000 IHG points per night. Standard Room Beach Villa. The cash rate at this property is inexpensive around $100/night before tax.
- InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort – At the time of this writing, this property starts accepting reservation for stays from September 1, 2019. Award reservation is unavailable right now. Their start out room type is a Beach Pool Villa.
Marriott rewards program offers the 5th night free benefit that is automatically applied when you redeem Marriott points for minimum 5-night stays. You do not need to hold any credit card or have any high elite status with Marriott. All you need is sufficient Marriott points to cover the entire 4 award night stays, then the 5th night will be free or zero point. However, Marriott does not waive resort fees on award stays and most of their Maldives properties have local fees instead of the resort fees.
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa – Category 6 – 50,000 Marriott points per night. The anniversary free night certificate that earns through the Chase Ritz-Carlton credit card and the Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant credit card can be used for this property. Deluxe Garden View room.
- The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort – Category 7 – 60,000 Marriott points per night + local fee almost $500. Island Villa Pool.
- The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort – Category 8 – 85,0000 Marriott points per night + local fee almost $700. Garden Bedroom Villa with Private Pool.
- The W Maldives – Category 8 – 85,000 Marriott points per night + around $500 local fee. Beach Oasis with a Plunge Pool.
- JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa – Category 8 – 85,0000 Marriott points per night. At the time of this writing, this property accepts reservation for stays from September 15, 2019. Overwater Pool Villa.
World of Hyatt
Hyatt is pretty generous when it comes to award night redemption using 100% Hyatt points. When you redeem complete Hyatt points at any Hyatt resorts, the resort fees are waived. This benefit, however, does not apply to Hyatt points and cash bookings.
Currently, Hyatt only has one property in Maldives.
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa – Category 7 – 30,000 Hyatt points per night or 15,000 Points + 50% of standard rate. Park Villa room type.