"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Apparently, Hyatt has an unpublished policy about “Points Advance” reservations. The internal policy allows Hyatt members to make a points reservation if he or she does not have enough points yet to secure an award booking.
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
- There’s no minimum or maximum of how many points are required.
- There’s also no minimum or maximum of how many nights are required.
- You must have enough points 7 days before your arrival. Otherwise, the reservation will change to paid rate.
Hyatt Points Advance For All Hyatt Members
I was looking at Andaz Maui and my account was short 600 World of Hyatt points to book a 4-night stays there. This Andaz property is notorious when it comes to releasing standard award rooms. While I could earn 600 points easily through my Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card spend, the points are not deposited into my World of Hyatt account until after my credit card’s statement date. By then, I am skeptical if the standard award room at Andaz Maui would be still available for booking. So I decided to call up the World of Hyatt line and inquired about the possibility of Points Advance booking.
The Hyatt agent let me know that Hyatt has had this internal policy for quite some time now, but only Hyatt’s Globalist members could make such requests as mentioned above. Hyatt had changed this policy to allow every member regardless of their tier status to request points advance reservations.
- Each Hyatt member can only make a points advance reservation if the member’s account is short on points for up to 1,000 points.
How To Make Hyatt’s Points Advance Reservations
Currently, Hyatt’s points advance reservations cannot be done online. You have to reach out to Hyatt’s customer service to assist:
- Call Hyatt at 1-800-323-7249
- Send a message to Hyatt Concierge through the Twitter
- Chat with Hyatt through Hyatt mobile app or Facebook messenger that can be found under the Contact in Hyatt mobile app.
- Simply let them know that you are short on x amounts of points (cannot be more than 1,000 points) and request their assistance to make a points reservation for you.
Hyatt has an unpublished Points Advance booking policy that allows every Hyatt member’s account to go into a negative balance of no more than 1,000 World of Hyatt points. This internal policy is applicable to all Hyatt members, except for the Globalist elite members.