"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Our LOT Polish Airlines was significantly delayed at least 5 hours long from Budapest (BUD) to Chicago O’Hare (ORD). We used miles to book the ticket in Business Class and fortunately, award tickets are also eligible for the EU Flight Cancellation and Delay Compensation Under EC Regulation 261/2004.
Today, I am going to lay out the process on how to file claim with LOT Polish Airlines to get compensated up to €600 on an EU delayed flight, and the time it takes for the claim to be processed and receive the money.
How to File Cash Compensation Claim on Delayed Flight With LOT Polish Airlines
- Go to LOT website: https://www.lot.com
- Click on Customer Service menu on the top.
- Click on Contact
- Click on Contact Form tab
- Scroll down until you reach the section that says 11 Passenger Complaint
- Click on After departure
- Fill in all the required information. You can auto-populate your personal information if you have account with LOT and sign into LOT.
Claim Process & Approval Timelines
- May 24 – Claim submitted via online contact form above.
- May 25 – Contact acknowledged by LOT’s automated email.
- May 30 – Approval response received.
- May 30 – Submit the bank information via the form link in the email. There’s no need to scan the form, etc. It’s an online form and can be submitted online. Below is the information on inbound International wire transfer fee for reference. You may need to contact your bank for the SWIFT code, etc. for the International wire section on the form.
- June 06 – Cash/money credited into our account in USD in the amount of $668.86 each based on the exchange rate at the time. We received a total of $1,337.72. We used TIAA Bank so there’s no inbound International wire transfer fee.