"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Turo rental cars is a mobile app platform that has existed for some time. Like Airbnb, the app allows consumers to reserve and rent a vehicle from local owners, and all transactions are completed within the app.
|Photo Credit: Turo|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
What Is Turo and How Does It Work?
- You can search for car availability in the area you want.
- You can review the car information, conditions, and descriptions.
- You can read the reviews of the car owner you rent the car from.
- You can have the car dropped off at your desired location at a specific time. Some offer this service free, while some have an additional charge.
- You can also buy optional insurance offered by Turo (more below).
- You can book a rental car all through the app, which has free cancellation.
- You can communicate directly with the car owner through text messaging.
How to Book Turo Rental Car?
- Download the Turo app from the app store.
- You can sign up for a Turo account through the app or online at turo.com
- You are required to upload your driver’s license.
- You are required to provide a payment method before booking and renting.
- After sign-up, link your Turo account with your Delta SkyMiles account to earn 500 miles on each trip.
- Open the app and log into your account successfully.
- Search for the city, airport, address, hotel, and trip dates.
- Browse through available rentals and read the descriptions, mileage, insurance, cancellation policy, etc.
- Review the mileage carefully because some Turo hosts do not offer unlimited miles. The same thing to whether you can drive the car off-road or not.
- Tap Continue to review all the fees associated with the rental before booking the trip.
- Turo charges Trip Fee per day, which will be added to the final cost breakdown.
- The Delivery Fee, if applicable. Some offer free drop-off/pick-up, while others charge a fee. You provide that information under Extras on the same cost breakdown screen.
- Sales taxes will also be added to the final cost breakdown.
Turo’s Free Cancellation Policy
Free cancellation. Full refundable before December 1, 2023.
Turo Insurance For Renters
- You should always check with your primary car insurance company if you are covered when you drive a rental car, specifically with Turo.
- Secondly, use a credit card with insurance on rental cars and ensure it covers Turo.
- Last but not least, Turo also offers insurance options that you can look into.
- The fee varies based on the market.
- $500 max out-of-pocket for vehicle damage or theft
- State minimum liability insurance
- The fee varies based on the market
- $3,000 max out-of-pocket for vehicle damage or theft
- State minimum liability insurance
- Direct Link to Turo Insurance For Renters
Can You Book Multiple Turo For The Same Day?
Maximizing Turo With Amex offers
- Get a one-time $30 statement credit using your enrolled eligible card to spend a minimum of $150 on one or more purchases online at turo.com by xx/xx/xxxx date.
Maximizing Turo With Capital One
- Capital One Venture X Credit Card earns 10x bonus miles
- Capital One Venture Credit Card earns 5x bonus miles