"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- July 1, 2021: American Express added a $179 CLEAR membership credit as a new and enhanced benefit to Amex Business Platinum Card.
American Express Business Platinum Cardis an expensive bank card that has a high annual fee of $595. Rumor has it that the fee may increase soon as well.
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Enrollment Required Benefits
- $200 Amex Dell Statement Credits
- $200 Amex Airline Fee Statement Credit (You must select a qualifying airline)
- Complimentary Airport Lounges with Priority Pass Select Membership
- Complimentary Marriott Gold Elite status
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold elite status
- Complimentary Premium Car Rental Status
- Pay Over Time
- Unless you really want this benefit, I suggest that you wait until your account is targeted to enroll in this benefit to receive bonus Amex points simply for enrolling in this benefit.
- InCircle points to redeem for purchases at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow
$200 Dell Statement Credits
- Get up to $100 in statement credits between January and June.
- Get up to another $100 in statement credits between July and December.
- Enrollment for this benefit is required. To enroll:
- Sign in to your account, then click on the Benefits tab. Find the section “Shop Dell with Business Platinum” then click the Enroll button. If you prefer, you can use the chat or call to have an Amex agent enrolls it for you too.
Earning 1.5X Membership Rewards On Purchases of $5,000 or More
Earning 5X Membership Rewards On Flights and Prepaid Hotels Through AmexTravel
- For flights, you can still earn airline miles. Simply make sure your frequent flyer number is added to the reservation.
- For hotels:
- The booking has to be prepaid. What this really means is that you pay upfront for the reservation. It does not mean that you cannot cancel or change the reservation later on. All bookings are subject to a cancellation policy that’s set by each hotel property.
- You will not earn hotel points through this type of booking with the exceptions of Fine Hotels + Resorts and The Hotel Collection programs that are also part of American Express Business Platinum Card benefits (more below).
The Fine Hotels + Resorts Program
- Complimentary daily breakfast for two
- Complimentary room upgrade
- 4PM late check-out
- $100 hotel credit
The Hotel Collection Program
$200 Airline Fee Credit
- You must select one qualifying airline before you make an eligible purchase with that airline.
- To select a qualifying airline for Amex Airline Fee Statement Credit online, go here. This can also be done through chat, or call the number on the back of your card to have an Amex agent do this for you.
- If you do not change your airline selection next year, the previous year’s preferred airline selection remains in place.
- You can only change your airline selection once a year in January according to the terms, but in practice, many people have successfully asked Amex agents to change their airline selection even after January.
- According to Amex terms and conditions, the $200 airline fee credit benefit can only be used for incidental air travel fees such as baggage fees, ticket change fees, inflight food and beverage fees to name a few that are considered qualified purchases. However, the points community provided some successful data points on other airline purchases that trigger the $200 airline fee credit. See recommended post below.
35% Airline Bonus (Points Back)
- You can receive 35% Membership Rewards points back when you pay with points through Amex Travel to book a First or Business class ticket on ANY airline.
- You can receive 35% Membership Rewards points back when you pay with points through Amex Travel to book an economy class ticket on your selected qualifying airline only.
- The qualifying airline you select for this benefit and the $200 Amex Airline Fee Statement Credit benefit mentioned above must be the same. Please read that section for qualifying airline selection.
- Points rebate has a maximum limit of 500,000 bonus points back per calendar year.
American Express Global Lounge Collection Access
- The Centurion Lounge & American Express International Lounges: This is an American Express Lounge. You may bring up to two (2) guests in with you, however, starting February 2023, complimentary 2 guests access benefit will be removed and each non-cardmember will be charged a $50 per guest fee.
- To access The Centurion Lounge, you must present the lounge agent your card, your boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier, and your government-issued I.D. You may not access the lounge if the lounge is located in the airport that is your final destination.
- Airspace Lounge: You and up to two (2) guests can access the lounge at no additional cost.
- To access Airspace Lounge, you must present your Amex card, a government-issued I.D., and a confirmed boarding pass for same-day travel.
- Delta Sky Club: You can receive complimentary access to Delta Sky Club only when traveling on a Delta flight. To bring any guests, you’ll be responsible for the guest fees.
- To access a Delta Sky Club, you must present your Amex card, a government-issued I.D., and a same-day travel boarding pass for Delta flight.
- Escape Lounges: You receive complimentary access to any US location of the Escape Lounges. You may bring up to two (2) guests at no additional cost.
- To access Escape Lounges, you must present your Amex card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier, and your government-issued I.D.
- Priority Pass Airport Lounges: You received unlimited airport lounge visits and you may bring up to 2 guests for no additional charge. To bring any additional guests, you’ll be responsible for the guest fees, which vary by location. Also, the Amex Priority Pass benefit does not include Priority Pass Restaurants benefit.
- To access one of the Priority Pass Select airport lounges, you must present your Priority Pass Membership card, your government-issued I.D., and your same-day travel boarding pass.
- Enrollment to receive your complimentary Priority Pass Select Membership is required. Sign in to your account, then click on the Benefits tab. Find the section “American Express Global Lounge Collection” then click the Enroll in Priority Pass Select button. If you prefer, you can use the chat or call to have an Amex agent enrolls it for you too.
Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Earn 25% bonus Marriott points on stays
- Complimentary enhanced room upgrade
- 2 P.M. late checkout
- Welcome gift or points
- Complimentary enhanced in-room Internet Access
Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status
- 80% bonus Hilton points on stays
- Room upgrades
- Free continental breakfast
- Earn milestone bonuses
Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
New Benefit $179 CLEAR Credit
International Airline Program Savings For Premium Class Tickets
- You must book through Amex Travel
- Valid for select First Class, Business Class, and Premium Economy Class tickets with participating airlines only. Participating airlines are:
- AeroMexico, Air China, Air France, Air New Zealand, Alitalia, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, British Airways, Brussels Airlines, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Delta, Emirates, Etihad Airways, IBERIA, Japan Airlines, KLM, LATAM, Lufthansa, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, SWISS, Virgin Atlantic
- Travel must originate in and return to U.S. gateway (may exclude certain overseas territories) and select Canadian gateways.
- One-way travel is permitted on some airlines where routing originates in the U.S. or select Canadian gateways.
- You must use your American Express Business Platinum Card to purchase the ticket.
- Airline fare rules and restrictions apply and are subject to change at the discretion of the airline.
Airline Upgrade with Points
- Go to Amex Upgrade Your Flight with Points site and log in.
- Select your airline.
- Enter your reservation details to see if your itinerary is eligible to upgrade.
- If eligible, use American Express Membership Rewards (MR) points to place an offer towards an upgrade.
- Your offer will be accepted or declined by the airline, usually within 5 days of your flight. Whatever the airline’s decision, American Express will communicate the result to you via email before your departure.
Premium Car Rental Status
- Avis Preferred Plus
- Use your Platinum AWD discount code A756900 to receive the following benefits:
- Discounts off your rental.
- Complimentary upgrade when available.
- Receive a free 2-day weekend rental coupon after 2 completed qualifying rentals from Avis of 2 or more days each in a 6-month period.
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
- Use the Platinum Card from Amex Corporate Discount Code (CDP) 211762 to receive the following benefits:
- Discounts off your rental
- Receive a 4-hour grace period on returns within the US before an extra day charge is applied.
- Get a one-car-class upgrade, subject to availability.
- National Car Rental Emerald Club
- Receive complimentary Executive tier status that comes with the following benefits:
- Choose your own car from the Executive Selection area, which features full-size and larger car classes.
- Receive automatic upgrades when you reserve a car that ranges from full-size to luxury cars.
- Earn a complimentary rental day after 6 qualifying rentals.
- Opt to receive airline miles or hotel points from one of National’s partners.
Cruise Privileges Program
- Receive $100 – 300 per stateroom shipboard credit, redeemable toward dining, spa, and more.
- Exclusive amenities are unique to each cruise line, such as premium wine or assorted canapés.
Transfer Membership Rewards Points to Loyalty Programs
American Express Preferred Seating & By Invitation RSVP Only Benefits
Cell Phone Protection
- Pay Over Time Option – Decide whether you want to pay eligible purchases of $100 or more in full each month, or pay over time with interest.
- From time to time, check if your account is targeted to enroll in Pay Over Time. Amex awards you bonus points for simply enrolling in this program.
- Premium Private Jet Program – This benefit is offered by Delta Private Jets and you can call Platinum Travel Services at 1-800-553-9497 to learn more about this program.
- Global Dining Collection – Enjoy exclusive access to dining reservations, experiences, and events.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance – Coverage benefit for damage to or theft of a rental vehicle in a Covered Territory when you use your card to reserve and pay for an entire rental.
- CreditSecure – Get comprehensive credit and identity monitoring, and dedicated fraud assistance services. New customers pay $1 for the first 30 days, then $16.99 each month, sales tax is applied where applicable.
- There are a lot of free credit monitoring services out there, so I would not recommend spending your money on this service.
- Business Platinum Travel Service – This is your 24/7 travel consultant service for any travel-related matters from making travel arrangements to learning more about travel-related benefits. Call 1-800-553-9497
- Business Platinum Card Concierge – This is the service that helps you make arrangements for a special dinner, purchasing event/show tickets. Call 1-800-492-8468
- Purchase Return Protection – You may return eligible purchases to American Express if the seller won’t take them back up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Travel Insurances – Trip Delay Insurance, Trip Cancellation, and Interruption Insurance, and Baggage Insurance Plan
- Departures – Subscription to Departures magazine that offers an expert view on travel, food, culture, and more.
- InCircle – You receive a $100 InCircle Point Card for every 10,000 InCircle points you receive. Points Cards can be used toward purchases at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, Horchow, and CUSP.
- To get InCircle points, you must enroll your American Express Business Platinum Card into InCircle. Once you have enrolled into InCircle, you will receive one InCircle point for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your enrolled Business Platinum Card at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- No Preset Spending Limit – Because American Express Business Platinum Card is a charge card, not a credit card. The amount you can spend adapts based on factors such as your purchase, payment, and credit history with American Express.