"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
An interesting Hyatt’s points promotion via the Chinese WeChat app. I came across this promotion through Points Express that lead me to the FlyerTalk about the promotion. If you can read Chinese, it may be easier for you to do this promotion, but I had to use Google translator to translate this. But FlyerTalk’s user paul00 has provided a very good summary of the promotions below.
Hyatt WeChat Mini Program Bonus Points Promotions:
- If you register to become a World of Hyatt member or log in to your existing World of Hyatt account on the Hyatt WeChat Mini Program (凱悅微信小程序) between 1 November 2019 and 31 January 2020, you will receive 100 World of Hyatt points.
- If you make a booking through the Hyatt WeChat Mini Program and complete a stay at a Hyatt hotel (including participating M Life and Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties) between 1 November 2019 and 31 January 2020, you will receive 1,000 World of Hyatt bonus points per stay (or 500 bonus points per stay at Hyatt Place/Hyatt House). The maximum number of bonus points available through this promotion is 15,000 bonus points (up to 10,000 points for stays at Hyatt properties, including participating M Life and Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties, and up to 5,000 bonus points for stays at Hyatt Place/Hyatt House properties).
The bonus points will be added to your World of Hyatt account 4-6 weeks after you register as a World of Hyatt member / log in to your existing World of Hyatt account on the Hyatt WeChat Mini Program / make a booking through the Hyatt WeChat Mini Program and complete the stay.
What is Hyatt WeChat Mini Program?
Before you know what a Hyatt WeChat Mini Program is, you need to know what is WeChat first. WeChat basically is a communication app like Facebook’s messenger and LINE that’s heavily used in China, but the app is not restricted to just China region. This means that anywhere in the world can use the app including the United States. The app is available both on the Apple’s app store and Google’s play store for android devices. Then within the WeChat app, there are several company’s Mini Programs. Just like Facebook, within Facebook there are games, apps, etc. So the concept here is pretty much the same.
How to Get Hyatt WeChat Mini Program?
I had to play around this a little bit this morning. The fact that the promotion is all in Chinese makes it a little bit harder and time consuming for me. However, if you are going to go for this promotion, here are the steps that I have noted down based on my experience:
- Download the WeChat app and sign up for an account via your mobile number.
- On the search field, copy and paste this Chinese text (凱悅微信小程序). You select the first result. Your WeChat now successfully enables the Mini Programs.
- You can now find the Mini Programs on the Discover page of your WeChat. There you can search for the Hyatt Mini Program. Simply type “Hyatt” in the search field and select the one that has Hyatt logo 凱悅 Hyatt.
- When the program is launched, you should see the horizontal slideshows on the top. Click on the second slideshow. You will see the promotions.
- Click on the first purple color button and login with your Hyatt’s account information.
That’s it! You should receive 100 Hyatt bonus points for simply signing into your account via Hyatt WeChat Mini Program. I already completed this task and will see if I receive the bonus points as promised or not. To exit the Hyatt Mini Program, you simply click on the circle icon on the top right hand corner, and to open the Hyatt Mini Program again you go to the Discover page -> Mini Programs.
According to the terms and conditions, the promotions are not restricted to China regions only, so everyone should be eligible to do this promotion. When my 100 points are credited and if I have upcoming stays with Hyatt, I may go for more Hyatt bonus points for booking through that Hyatt WeChat Mini Program. The deadline is January 31, 2020.