"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
How the Citi Premier $100 Hotel Credit Benefit Works
- The $100 hotel credit is valid per calendar year, not your card membership year. This means that the credit expires on December 31st of every year and resets on January 1st each year.
- You can only use the credit once per calendar year. You use it or lose it!
- You can only use the credit for a single stay hotel booking of $500 or more after taxes & fees.
- While the official term states that you can only apply the credit for a single hotel stay of $500 or more, excluding taxes and fees, that’s not the case here.
- You must book through the Citi ThankYou Travel portal. So you won’t earn points or elite night credits through your favorite hotel loyalty programs.
- You cannot stack the credit with Citi Prestige Credit Card‘s fourth-night free benefit.
- You can use Citi ThankYou Points to pay for the remaining balance after applying the $100 hotel credit.
How to Redeem the Citi Premier $100 Hotel Credit
- Log into your Citi ThankYou Rewards account.
- On the top menu, click on Travel -> Hotels.
- Enter your search parameters and click on the Search button.
- On the result page, choose the hotel that interests you to select a room type, view the cancellation policy, etc.
- Verify that the total of the room you select is at least $500, including taxes and fees, then click on the Add To Itinerary button.
- On the next page under Payment Summary, you should see the Citi Premier Hotel Benefit $100 is automatically deducted from your total price.
- Please note: You can also use your Citi ThankYou Points to pay for the remaining balance after the $100 hotel credit is applied if you’d like.
- The booking process after that is pretty much straightforward.