Advertiser Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!
Disclaimer: I don’t earn any commission from the links nor I am affiliate with any credit card issuers below. Just love living points life by using points to elevate travel experiences.
Sadly, Chase has finally discontinue the Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card. At the time of this writing, the card is no longer open for new applications. Moving forward, it will be just Chase partners with American Express to issue Marriott and SPG credit cards. If you did not apply for the Ritz card that offered 2 FREE Nights welcome bonus for category 1-4 Ritz-Carlton properties, you unfortunately won’t be able to sign up for the card as Chase has taken down the application links.
I personally applied for the Ritz-Carlton card when I learned about the merger of Marriott and SPG, and then SPG card was going to be unavailable for new applications. Moreover, the 2 free nights welcome bonus will work perfectly with our plan to stay at the Ritz-Carlton on the Maui island in Hawaii as that is a category 4 Ritz-Carlton resort.
Meanwhile, for existing Ritz card members – Starting August 26, 2018, there are new benefit changes to the card to take into consideration whether to keep the card or not after that.
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card New & Existing Benefits:
Bonus Points Earning
- 6x points per $1 spent at Marriott and SPG hotels.
- 3x points per $1 spent on dinning.
- 3x points per $1 spent on car rental agencies.
- 3x points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly through the airline.
- 2x points per $1 on all other purchases.
- Free night award up to 50,000 points worldwide Marriott and SPG properties every year after account anniversary.
- $450 Annual Fee remains unchanged along with the following benefits:
- $300 annual travel credit that can only be applied towards non-ticket purchases, including airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice, airline seat upgrades, airline baggage fees, in-flight Internet/entertainment, and in-flight meals. See our Data Points on What Works for the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card $300 Travel Credit?
- Upgrade to The Ritz-Carlton Club Level 3 times annually on paid stays of up to 7 nights.
- $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities on paid Ritz stays of 2 nights or more.
- Worldwide Airport Lounge Access with Priority Pass.
- $100 discount on domestic airfare for two or more passengers.
- $100 Global Entry credit.
- All other perks that come with Visa Infinite Credit Card.
Gold Elite Status
- Automatic Gold Elite Status
- 25% Bonus Points on Stays
- Gold Welcome Gift of Points (250/500 Points, Varies by Brand)
- 2 p.m. Late Checkout (Based on Availability)
- Enhanced Room Upgrade (Based on Availability)
- Complimentary Enhanced In-Room Internet Access
- Dedicated Elite Reservation Line
- Receiver Platinum Elite Status after $75,000 spent annually.
- Receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year, coming 2019.
- Please note that, if you hold multiple credit cards such as Marriott or SPG that also gives you elite night credits, you can only receive a maximum of 15 elite night credits.
- Price protection is eliminated.
- No foreign transaction fees