"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- Chase Ink Cash and Ink Unlimited Credit Cards now offer a high $900 bonus cash back or 90,000 bonus Chase Ultimate Rewards Points.
- If you have applied for the card with a lower offer, send Chase a secured message and ask to be matched to the 90k offer. Several data points show that Chase honors the match.
Chase Ink Business Credit Cards offer good benefits for small businesses, and each card also offers great sign-up bonus cash back and points worth applying for. However, it’s also important to understand the rules for the sign-up bonus and the application for approval.
|Photo Credit: Chase|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
What is Chase’s 24-month bonus rule?
- Chase 5/24 Rule: Chase will not approve your new application if you have 5 or more new credit card accounts with Chase or any other banks in the past 24 months.
- Chase 24-Month Bonus Rule: If you have a Chase credit card and have received a new card member bonus for that card in the past 24 months, you cannot receive the sign-up bonus again.
Does Chase’s 24-month bonus rule apply to Chase ink business credit cards?
- You have to go to the application page like you were to apply for the card.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see the Certifications section.
- You should be able to see the 24-month bonus restriction language in #10.
This bonus offer is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months.
Therefore, all Chase Ink Business Credit Cards contain the Chase 24-month bonus restriction language.
Does the Chase bonus 24-month rule start from the card’s approval date or the bonus posted date?
- You were approved for the card in August 2020.
- You received the card’s sign-up bonus points, and the points were posted on your October 2020 statement.
- You can receive the sign-up bonus again starting October 2022 – 24 months or 2 years from you last received the bonus.
- Technically, you become eligible starting October 2022, but to be safe, I recommend applying for the card starting November 2022 instead.
- Remember also that you cannot be the current card member to receive the sign-up bonus of a particular card again.
Does Chase 5/24 rule apply to Chase business credit cards?
Does Chase ink business card count towards 5/24?
- Chase will not approve you for a Chase ink business credit card if you have 5 or more opened/closed credit cards with any banks in the past 24 months on your personal credit report.
- Chase does not count your Chase-issued ink business credit card towards the 5/24 rule because the Chase-issued business card does not show on your personal credit report.