"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card has been discontinued by Chase. The card is no longer open for new applications. Any existing card holders can still use their card, and Chase has revamped the benefits on the card as well when the card was discontinued. One of those new benefits that may help lessen the high $450 annual fee of the Ritz-Carlton credit card is the Free Night Certificate every year after account anniversary, valid for one night stay at a property with a redemption level up to 50,000 points. According to Marriott’s new award chart, 50,000 Marriott points category corresponds with the Category 6 Marriott properties for a Standard award. It’s still unclear at this time whether the Free Night Certificate can be used for Category 7 Marriott properties during the off-peak time or not as Category 7 requires 50,000 points for an off-peak award. We are keeping our fingers crossed that this is possible when Marriott implements the peak/off-peak award chart.
|Photo Credit: Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa|
Meanwhile, we have learned that Marriott Award Category Changes for a number of Marriott properties in 2019. We looked at the list and filtered through the ones that goes down one category from 7 to 6 so that we can use the Ritz-Carlton credit card’s anniversary Free Night Certificate there, starting on March 5th, 2019. Those properties are super nice and they are 4/5 stars hotels and resorts in the world such as the Luxury Collection and the W hotels. Here they are:
- Bankside Hotel, Autograph Collection Autograph Collection – London, UK
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa – Phuket, Thailand
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa – Maldives (This one was listed in our 22 Overwater Bungalows You Can Book With Points, but you will need to pay to upgrade for that type of room)
- Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel Sheraton – Zurich, Switzerland
- W Hollywood W Hotels United States – Los Angeles, United States
- W Los Angeles – West Beverly Hills – Los Angeles, United States
- The Westin Dublin – Dublin, Ireland