"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- August 2021: It is confirmed that the Barclays Uber credit card will be discontinued on October 22, 2021, and the card will be replaced with Barclays View Card.
- June 2020: Barclays has responded to my inquiry and said that they are currently not accepting new applications for the Uber credit card.
Barclays has been the issuer of the Uber Visa Card. The partnership was announced back in October 2017 that the ride-share service Uber was launching a credit card and Barclays is the issuing bank. The partnership is somewhat almost 3 years old.
not a lucrative travel credit card out there, but for those that are using Uber
a lot, the credit card can be beneficial.
|Photo Credit: Barclays|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Barclays Uber Visa Card is Replaced With Barclays View Card
- 3x points per $1 spent on dining
- 2x points per $1 spent on grocery
- 2x points per $1 spent on streaming
- 2x points per $1 spent on the internet, phone, and TV
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
Is Uber Visa Card Discontinued?
- August 2021: It is confirmed that the Barclay Uber credit card will be discontinued on October 22, 2021, and the card will be replaced with Barclays View Card.
- June 2020: Barclay said that they are currently not accepting new applications for the Uber credit card. See below.
Thank you for your interest in a Barclays credit card. Unfortunately
this offer has expired. We apologize for this inconvenience.
unknown at this point whether the card has been discontinued by Barclay or
Uber decided to discontinue the credit card, or Barclay and Uber are introducing a new card offer?
At this current time, we are not accepting new applications for the Uber Visa Card as Barclays and Uber would like to focus on existing customers in the current economic environment.
In the meantime, for those that currently hold Barclays issued Uber Visa
Card should not be affected by this and should be still able to continue using the credit card as normal. [UPDATE] It is confirmed that the Barclay Uber credit card will be discontinued on October 22, 2021, and the card will be replaced with Barclays View Card.