"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
- Capital One Venture X Card’s 100,000 bonus miles and $200 vacation rental statement credits offers are set to end on March 14, 2022! Be sure to apply before that to lock in the offer.
On November 9, 2021, Capital launched a brand new Capital One Venture X Credit Card that got all the miles and points enthusiasts excited about. Some refer to the card as the best premium travel credit card of the year!
|Photo Credit: Capital One|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Does the Capital One 6 months rule apply to the Capital One Venture X card?
Does the Capital One 2 credit card limit apply to the Venture X card?
Capital One Venture X Card’s Sign-up Bonus Offer Eligibility
The bonus may not be available for existing or previous accountholders.
Are you eligible for the Venture X card’s sign-up bonus if you already have another Venture Rewards card?
- VentureOne Rewards for Good Credit
- VentureOne Rewards
- Venture Rewards
Can you upgrade your Capital One Venture Rewards card to the Venture X card?
Does Capital One Venture X card require excellent credit?
- Experian: 738
- Equifax: 734
- TransUnion: 724
- An excellent credit score does not guarantee you approval with Capital One.
- Capital One is also very sensitive to the number of recent credit inquiries on your credit report over a short period of time.
- Capital One prefers customers who carry a balance and finance charges over those responsible ones. I know this data point is kind of odd, but that’s how banks typically make money with credit cards.
- Being Capital One’s existing customers may help, but it’s not necessary because I have seen people get approved for the Venture X card as their first Capital One credit card they have too.
Capital One pulls from which credit bureau?
How many credit inquiries is too many for Capital One?
How accurate is Capital One’s pre-approval for the Venture X card?
- Go to Capital One’s Pre-Approval website
- Follow the screen and answer a series of questions
- Finally, click the submit button to see if you are pre-approved for any Capital One credit cards.
- I went through Capital One’s pre-approval process for card offers this morning and received the offer for the Venture Rewards card. See the screenshot below.
- My friend, on the other hand, went through the pre-approval process too, but he did not receive the offer for the Venture Rewards card. He received the offer for Capital One’s Quicksilver and Platinum cards. He decided to apply anyway and got denied. He has an excellent credit score with outstanding payment history.
|Photo Credit: Capital One Pre-Approval Card Offers|
Is there a minimum credit line for the Venture X card?
Capital One Venture X Card’s Application Approval Tips and Checklists
- You do not have two (2) or more personal credit cards with Capital One yet. Store cards do not count.
- You have not been approved for a Capital One credit card (personal or business) within the last 6 months.
- You have a least a good to excellent credit score number on all three (3) credit bureaus such as Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion because Capital One pulls all three credit bureaus.
- You do not have many hard-pull credit inquiries on your credit report over a short period of time.
- Check Capital One’s Pre-Approval tool and see if you are pre-approved for the Venture Rewards card.
- If your Capital One’s pre-approval card offers list includes the Capital One Venture Rewards credit card offer, you may have a good chance of getting the Capital One Venture X Credit Card and receiving approval.
- Apply for the Capital One Venture X card through the link below:
- There’s also a data point indicating that on the application page, it may help if you will be doing a balance transfer. I am not quite sure if that is true or not, your guess is as good as mine. So it’s completely up to you. Those questions are optional. I did, however, choose to do the balance transfer for the following questions on the application page:
- How often do you carry a balance on personal credit cards? (Optional)
- If offered, would you be interested in blank checks to use for cash advances? (Optional)
- If offered, do you plan to transfer any balances from other non-Capital One credit cards? (Optional)
- Yes (if asked).