Advertiser Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!
[UPDATE] Alaska Airlines has discontinued this policy after September 1, 2018.
Alaska Airlines is one of my favorite Airlines to purchase the flight ticket from. They used to have the generous 60 days free-cancellation/change policy before the trip begins, but that has been removed this year and they now only allow 24 hours change free just like any other airlines. However, did you know that Alaska Airlines also has price guarantee as well whenever the ticket that you purchased on alaskaair.com has dropped in price? There are two scenarios:
- If you purchase an Alaska Airlines ticket on alaskaair.com and find the same flight and itinerary on another website for at least $10 less than you paid within 24 hours, then you can fill out the claim form to request for refund. This service is not automated self-service.
- If you purchase an Alaska Airlines ticket on alaskaair.com and find the same flight and itinerary for less on alaskaair.com at any time before your departure, then you can use the automated process to process the claim. This service is 100% automated and can be done online. This is what I am going to talk bout today.
Here’s How Self-Service Price Guaranteed Claim Works:
- Purchase an Alaska Airlines flight on alaskaair.com.
- Find the same flight and itinerary for less on alaskaair.com at any time before your departure.
- Use the automated process to claim a guaranteed airfare credit.
- Alaska Airlines will refund you the difference in price or give you a credit for use toward your next Alaska Airlines flight purchase right away.
- Go to Alaska Airlines Claim Guaranteed Airfare Credit website
- Put in passenger’s last name and confirmation code. Then click on Continue.
- Alaska Airlines will process the claim immediately. If your purchased price has dropped, it will prompt you on where you would like the airfare credit to be deposited to. If your purchased price has not dropped, it will also inform you so. (See screenshot example below)