"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
On October 6, 2021, Chase and Hyatt launched a brand new Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card. After a closer look at this new business credit card’s benefits, there are quite a few benefits that are not exactly the same as the consumer version of the Hyatt credit card.
|Photo: Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
- Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card is a vanilla Visa card.
- Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is a Visa Signature card.
- Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card has a $95 annual fee and offers an anniversary Hyatt Free Night Award each year to justify the annual fee.
- Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card has a $199 annual fee.
- While it does not offer the anniversary free night, it offers $100 Hyatt stay credits. When you spend $50 at any worldwide Hyatt property, you can receive a $50 statement credit up to two times per card anniversary year.
Anniversary Hyatt Free Night Award
$100 Hyatt Stay Credits
- When you spend $50 or more at any Hyatt property with your Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card, you will receive $50 statement credits up to two times per account anniversary year.
- The Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card does not have this benefit.
Complimentary Discoverist Status & Gifting Discoverist Status
- Preferred room within type booked
- 10% Bonus Points when choosing to earn points on eligible spend at Hyatt
- Premium in-room internet
- 2 P.M. late check-out upon request where available
Tier-Qualifying Elite Nights
- Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card offers automatic complimentary five (5) tier-qualifying night credits toward next tier status every year without any spending. Moreover, you can also earn two (2) additional tier-qualifying night credits every time you spend $5,000 on your card.
- Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card does not offer complimentary tier-qualifying night credits. However, you can earn five (5) tier-qualifying night credits when you spend $10,000 each time on the card in a calendar year (January-December).
10% Redemption Bonus Points Rebate
- After spending $50,000 in a calendar year on the Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card, you will receive a 10% of redeemed points back as bonus points for the remainder of the calendar year. The maximum of points rebate you can receive in a calendar year is 20,000 bonus points.
- The personal Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card does not have this benefit.
World of Hyatt Credit Cards Comparison
Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card
Chase World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
|Best Sign-Up Bonus|
|Card Type||Visa||Visa Signature|
|Anniversary Hyatt Free Night Cat 1-4 Award Without Spending||Yes||No|
|Anniversary Hyatt Free Night Cat 1-4 Award Based on Spending||Yes, after $15,000||No|
|Anniversary $100 Hyatt Statment Credits||No||Yes|
|Automatic Complimentary Discoverist Status||Yes||Yes|
|Tier-Qualifying Elite Nights Without Spending Every Year||Yes, complimentary 5 elite nights||No|
|Tier-Qualifying Elite Nights Based on Spending||Yes, 2 elite nights for every $5,000 spent||Yes, 5 elite nights for every $10,000 spent|
|Annual 10% Redemption Bonus Points Rebate||No||Yes, after $50,000 spent. Up to 20,000 bonus points per calendar year (Jan-Dec)|
Analysis & Recommendation: Which Hyatt Credit Card Is Best?
- Signup bonus:
- Aside from the sign-up bonus, the card earns up to 9x bonus points per $1 spent at Hyatt properties.
- The card gives you automatic Discoverist status for bonus points earning for every eligible Hyatt stays.
- An anniversary Hyatt Free Night Award when the annual fee of $95 is due. Although the free night award is only valid at a Category 1-4 Hyatt property worldwide, I’m pretty confident that you will find amazing use of that free night that’s worth so much more than the card’s $95 annual fee.
- Signup bonus:
- Aside from the sign-up bonus, the card also earns up to 9x bonus points per $1 spent at Hyatt properties.
- The card also gives you automatic Discoverist status for bonus points earning for every eligible Hyatt stays.
- There’s an annual fee of $199, but you receive $50 statement credit up to two times when you spend $50 or more at any Hyatt property per account anniversary year. That $100 face value potentially lowers the card’s annual fee to just $99. Unfortunately, this card does not offer the anniversary Hyatt Free Night Award. Otherwise, this Hyatt business credit card is an easy decision!
- If you spend a lot in a year, you can easily earn Hyatt’s top-tier elite status because you receive 5 tier-qualifying elite nights when you spend $10,000 each time per calendar year.
- In addition, after you spend $50,000 on the card, you also receive a 10% of redeemed points back up to 20,000 bonus points per calendar year. But that is a lot of spending!
- The ability to gift up to five (5) Discoverist statuses to Authorized Users on the card is definitely different.