"Full Disclosure: We love living points life by using points and miles to elevate travel experiences. In the interest of being transparent with you, we may be compensated from an approved credit card's application, or from some of the products and services recommended on this site. This only happens when you click on our affiliate links. We also earn commissions from purchases made through Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Thank you for your support and especially for reading this blog! Please see our Advertiser Disclosure for more details!"
|Photo Credit: DELL|
|Table of Contents [show/hide]|
Dell Price Match Vs. Price Guarantee Differences
- Dell Price Match occurs Before Purchasing.
- Dell Price Guarantee occurs After Purchasing.
How Does Dell Price Match Work?
- Any limited quantity, deal-of-the-day, flash sales, clearance, closeout, discontinued, “doorbuster,” Black Friday/Cyber Monday (the week before and after Thanksgiving), and Green Monday prices.
- Any price from a paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g., prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee). Examples include, but are not limited to, Costco.com & SamsClub.com.
- Any “Marketplace” Pages where an order is fulfilled by a third party rather than the owner/operator of the retail website, for example, Amazon Marketplace pages.
- Any price that is based upon rebates, coupons, financing offers, errors, bundling of products or services, gift cards, or gift card offers.
- Any customizable configurations, Dell specialty products, including enterprise products, Latitude educational series, Latitude Rugged models, OptiPlex XE2, and Dell Storage and Networking products.
- Any prices not advertised on one of the websites below.
- In-store only pricing.
- Any product purchase intended for resale. Dell will only match five items per small business customer.
- Any lower-priced offer for a product that is on a lead time, rain check, or out of stock. The product must be in stock and immediately available.
- The matched price cannot be combined with any other promotion or discount. The requested matched price will be the final price.
- Price match cannot be combined with or applied to Dell’s Member Purchase Program offers or discounts.
How to Request Dell to Price Match?
- Reach out to Dell sales associates through Chat or Call:
- Call Dell Sales at 1-866-480-0379
- Simply go to the DELL website, and locate the Contact Us on the bottom right-hand corner to chat.
- Copy the lower-priced item URL link from the competitor’s website and provide it to the Dell sales expert to validate. If you are calling, simply let the Dell sales expert know which competitor’s website you found the lower-priced item, and s/he will conduct the search.
- Once the price match request is validated, a Dell sales expert will help you complete the purchase.
- Although the Dell sales expert sometimes validated your request, it may still require that you wait to hear back from Dell.
How Does Dell Price Guarantee Work?
- Your request must be within 30 days after purchase to qualify for Dell’s price guarantee program.
- You can only request the price guarantee for the exact same item if the price of that item has dropped on the DELL website, meaning you cannot find the lower-priced item on the competitor’s website later on, and ask Dell to approve the price guarantee’s request.
How to Request Dell For Price Guarantee?
- Go to the official DELL website.
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to Order Status.
- Find the item you want to request the price guarantee and click on the Order Details button.
- Click on the Contact Customer Support button.
- Select one of the issues from the drop-down list.
- I don’t think it matters; I always picked Other Order Support from the list.
- You can either chat with Dell’s customer care or create a service request.
- I typically just created a service request and provided the content saying that the price of the item I purchased has dropped on the Dell website and asked them to honor the price guarantee. Dell typically replies quick, but if you are worried that the item’s price may increase while waiting for a response, you can always use the chat feature.
- If your price guarantee request is approved, you will receive the difference credit back to your credit card.
How often can you request Dell’s price guarantee within 30 days of purchase?
What if the item’s price on Dell’s website does not drop?
- I purchased a gold pink Samsung tablet from the DELL website.
- A few days later, I received the item, but Amazon.com, Best Buy, and even the tablet’s maker, Samsung, reduced the gold pink tablet’s price by $60.
- The price for the gray Samsung tablet on Dell’s website dropped by $60 too, but not for the gold pink tablet.
- I requested Dell’s price guarantee by sharing the link from BestBuy.com because I did not realize that Dell does not offer a price guarantee after the purchase against the competitor’s website. So my request, of course, got denied.
- Dell tried to offer me a $20 goodwill credit back to my American Express Business Platinum Card. However, I saw the data point on Reddit that Dell only offers credit once per order, so I did not reply and accepted the goodwill credit.
- To my surprise, I checked the gold pink Samsung tablet on the DELL website again, and this time the tablet’s price dropped by $60. I replied to the email accordingly, and my request got approved.
- I am not 100% sure whether reaching out to Dell in the first place with a competitor’s website to request Dell’s price guarantee helps alert Dell to reduce a specific item’s price on Dell’s website.
- Dell offered a goodwill credit to try to make me accept the credit, and then I could not request the credit any more, or that was merely a coincidence.
- I can totally return the tablet and re-order.